Saturn emu for DC ??

hi there,

It's been a while I didn't post here.

I own both the SS and the DC, but I saw on those..er..P2P networks... a saturn emulator with er...roms.. for DC ? :huh:

Is it like bleemcast with improved 3D rendering, or is it like running a game on the SS, but at 60% speed ? :yum

Thanks for any reply :thumbs-up:

I have no idea as to what it would be.

The only Saturn emulator on Dreamcast that I've heard about was a hoax.

Originally posted by leeperry@Apr 20, 2004 @ 10:14 AM

hi there,

It's been a while I didn't post here.

I own both the SS and the DC, but I saw on those..er..P2P networks... a saturn emulator with er...roms.. for DC ? :huh:

Is it like bleemcast with improved 3D rendering, or is it like running a game on the SS, but at 60% speed ? :yum

Thanks for any reply :thumbs-up:

It could be a fake that is actually a virus file.

Ditto on the virus thing. If such a thing existed, it would be know me thinks. I would reccomend NOT downloading this. Hopefully u haven't already downloaded and ran it :-\.

If it's a package titled something like "Dreamcast Saturn bootdisc" it's an image of one of the Saturn developer bootdiscs. I have no idea why someone decided to add "Dreamcast" to the title, but then again people are stupid.

hey guys, nice to see some ppl still hang around :bandit

the archive was called "Sega.Dreamcast.Saturn.Emulator+19Roms.zip"

but then, after looking around, I found another package called "Sega.Dreamcast.Saturn.Emulator+19Roms.CORRUPTED.IT.DOESN'T.WORK!!!!!.DON'T.DOWNLOAD.IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.rar"

I ain't too afraid of the P2P virii, 'coz there's nothing much Kaspersky AVP can't handle ;p

thx anyway for the replies :beerchug

I highly doubt an emulator for saturn is runable on Dreamcast. Saturn Emus harldy run on todays top PC systems at full speed, at this point there is no way this can be real.

(and if it was Im sure you could fine it at zophars domain.)

This has been beaten to death over and over on DC Emulation. Unless you're a really optimistic fellow who thinks that it is "boring" to simply say it is impossible, it is impossible. If you DO think that is boring, it is simply ALMOST impossible and will never happen regardless.

Any claim of a Dreamcast-hosted Saturn emu should be viewed with suspicion. There are very few people who have the kind of understanding needed to even seriously attempt such a thing; porting an emu from PC is out of the question for performance reasons(in my estimation, the bulk of people who say it can't be done are referring solely to this because it's the only method they're familiar with), and there's no clear indication that Dreamcast is capable of doing it (of course, there's also no clear indication that Dreamcast is not capable of doing it). Basically, there's no solid way to gauge the feasibility of this kind of project, and the sort of people who could potentially pull it off aren't overwhelmingly likely to sink a bunch of time into figuring it out when it might end up not being feasible. In any case, like Alexvrb says, the issues that are known have been discussed to death, decay, fossilization, and excavation on the DCEmulation forums, so there's little point in debating it again here.

Back