Saturn Feature on 1UP.com

racketboy

Established Member
1UP.com has a great look back at the Sega Saturn on it's 10th Anniverary.

I'm sure many SX members may be familiar with most of this information, but some newer members may be interested in reading up and it's great to see a mainstream gaming site giving the Saturn some attention.

Check it out

Hehe. Anyone who is a Sega Fan pretty much knows that story. But for those who don't, the article is very informative. Brings a tear to my eye every time I play Virtual fighter 2 or Radiant Silvergun on my Saturn. :p

I'm surprised they didn't mention VF3 on the "Missing in Action" part.

VF3 Saturn is just as famous as Sonic X-Treme. At least VF3 Saturn got finished, and pressed (I'm not sure if they pressed any discs though).

I was also expecting to see Resident Evil 2 on the MIA page.

I really liked this piece. It didn't teach me anything new, but I feel that it's exceptionally well organized and well written. I'd go so far as to say that it's the best moderately short essay on the Sega / Saturn debacle.

My one criticism, though, it that the article doesn't really pay lip service to the impact that the 32X had on the Saturn. We all know how that system turned out. I wholeheartedly feel that had the 32X not come into being, the Saturn would've gotten off to a much better start. Whether or not that alone would have saved it, I don't know, but the difference would have been huge.

I would have liked to see more import coverage as well as there is a bulk of great Saturn titles that never made it to the US in thr retail world.

Back