saturn help

ive had my saturn for over a year now and have een looking for games to buy but they are all to expensive! so i looked for some isos. but when i burn the iso should i be able to just put the disc in and play? or do i need a converter?

thanks for the help

You need a modchip installed or use the swap trick. For info on the swap trick check the Miscellaneous section of this site.

(Edited by rcefiro at 11:53 pm on Mar. 16, 2002)

Well, here's the abridged version.

If you have a version 1 Saturn, with the oval-shaped Power and Reset buttons, you're almost there. Make sure there is no CD in your Saturn, and remove the battery cover on the back of the system. Undo the 5 screws from the bottom of your Saturn. Carefully remove the top half of the system's case and locate the door-close trigger. It should be near the back of the system, to the left of the cd drive. It will look like a post with a button on it, more or less. Just use a small rubber band or some tape, and hold the trigger button on it down (towards the back of the system). This is what the CD lid pushes when you close it. Now your Saturn will always think the lid is closed, so you can leave it open to do the trick. Put your Saturn back together.

Insert your burned game. Power on. After the Saturn logo is nearly complete, the access light will stop blinking. Quickly pull your game out and pop a legit one in. If you want, give the CD a spin clockwise to help your soon-to-be beleaguered motor out. After the access light blinks rapidly three times, quickly pop the legit disc out, and put your CDR back in. If you did it right, and if the disc and ISO are correctly assembled, coded, and burned, the Saturn will load the burned game without any further assistance. When you're done playing, shut the system off and take the CDR out, since the Saturn will think its lid is open, until you see fit to remove the rubber band or tape you put inside it.

It should be near the back of the system, to the left of the cd drive. It will look like a post with a button on it, more or less.

Some "Model 1" Saturns have the door close switch in the top half of the case, connected with wires to the board.

That would be a 1A then, but hardly anybody has those, much less a regular model 1 to begin with, according to the (non)availability of 20 pin mod plugs.

Back