Saturn Joy on Pc

I was thinking about adaptating a saturn joy on pc, I found one "map" of pins to stain with the saturn joy plug, but I didn't find a tutorial.

Does anyone knows how to do it?

You'd need some kind of electronic logic chips to properly convert the signals, and a driver for the PC to get it all working. I don't think they make tutorials for that sort of thing.
wink.gif

Then again, Lik-Sang have done all the hard work for you. I doubt you'd be able to do it so cheaply yourself.
smile.gif

You'd need some kind of electronic logic chips to properly convert the signals

Actually, all the needed logic can be found in the parallel port controller and the pad itself. Some diodes are needed for power, but that's nothing too serious.

and a driver for the PC to get it all working.

Which can be found here.

I doubt you'd be able to do it so cheaply yourself.

I don't. Still, the PC Magic Box is what I use myself, as it's a whole lot less trouble in general (in particular it doesn't require finding an extension cable or cannibalizing a dead Saturn to avoid permanent conversion of the controller). So far my only gripes with it are:

- It doesn't quite init fast enough, but it turns out that there's a way to compensate for this in Linux (apparently it's a somewhat common problem among HID devices), so it works fine for me now. I assume Windows has something similar or MS would be knee-deep in complaints from hardware manufacturers.

- The button mapping flat-out sucks. It seems to be based on the PSX layout, which doesn't translate real well; the order is something like: Y, B, A, X, Z, L, C, R. Of course, any sane app will let you remap the button functions to deal with this.

- Only the basic controller protocols are supported on the Dreamcast and Saturn interfaces. This means that the analog stick on the Saturn 3D pad doesn't work, and C/Z on the Dreamcast arcade stick don't work, among other things. This is fine if you just want to plug in a basic Saturn pad, but it's a little disappointing.

Originally posted by Curtis@Jun 16, 2003 @ 04:44 AM

You'd need some kind of electronic logic chips to properly convert the signals, and a driver for the PC to get it all working. I don't think they make tutorials for that sort of thing.
wink.gif

Then again, Lik-Sang have done all the hard work for you. I doubt you'd be able to do it so cheaply yourself.
smile.gif

You see here we have a perfect example of someone who only uses logic to answer a question, without any real knowledge of the subject at hand.

Oh wait...did I say that? Oops.
blush.gif

Originally posted by mal+Jun 15, 2003 @ 07:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Jun 15, 2003 @ 07:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Taelon@Jun 16, 2003 @ 07:19 AM

The truth is out.... mal is a Vulcan.
laugh.gif

Ahem, who is a Vulcan? [/b][/quote]

Wha...
blink.gif
I could swear it was you who wrote that logical post Curtis was talking about... How in the world...
ph34r.gif
I re-read the entire thread and I see Curtis commented on his own post... and you, mal, didn't even say a thing... am I going crazy??

*sigh* Wait, don't bother answering that.
damn.gif

Back