Saturn Magazine Scanning!

Hi

This is a call to all of you out there that have copies of sega saturn magazines, whether they be the official mags or others and multi format mags like CVG.

What i propose is that we all go out and scan every single page of these magaizines so they can be preserved and left for all to see. I have a few copies of CVG and others from the age of the saturn, and im in the process of scanning them.

Heres what i propose,

1. Get your magazines and Scan every single page

2. Save the pages in eithe PNG or JPG format.

3. Save the pages as there number in the mag, eg Page 1.png

4 Add them to a zip archive

5 Create a readme file to place in the zip that contains info on what magazine it is eg date/issue and who scanned it.

Can anyone interested in doing this please respond to this thread so we can continue the discusion.

Sega Visions magazine was pretty interest.

I think I have most of the issues, but they are currently across the country at my parents house.

I'll have to scan them sometime.

Converting them to PDF format would be nice too.

I, as well as many other people would appreciate anything that you can do, i have never heard of that mag, did they cover much jap import stuff?

I thought about PDF but wasnt shure how many people can do it, i know that i can do it on my computer, it really depends and quality and compression, i think that PDF would be a better alternative.

Anyway, when you scan some mags be shure to reply to this topic with what you have done!

I will be working on some copies of CVG that i have got from 1996 as well as a copy of Sega Power, anyway, when i have them done, i will post the correct issues, but from memory, i have got the CVG's with the Ultra 64 on the front, One with Lara Croft on the Front, one that is silver and Red with Ryu and Saggat on the front as well as some others, they are around issues #171 i think, anyway, keep the posts coming!

Anyone can do PDF - Lots of solutions
smile.gif

I personally just use the full version of Acrobat to do my converting.

Anyway, Sega Vision was basically Sega's version of Nintendo Power Magazine. They only had issues every few months, but they were interesting. I think the last issue was when they were getting ready to releases the Saturn.

I picked up a bunch of old issues at a used bookstore in my hometown. Somebody just donated a huge stack of old video game mags. I bought them all for $.10 a piece
smile.gif

I also got the first couple issues of GamePro and a bunch of other old vid mags. Very cool. Storing them all is the only pain.

I have about 35 Saturn only magazines (Oficial UK Saturn magazine(UK) , Mega Force(french), Sega Magazine (german), Mega Play (US), EGM's player's guide to Sega Saturn video games (US), Saturn Plus (UK), Total Saturn (UK), Sega Pro (UK), Sega/Saturn Power (UK) as wel some nice materials in magazines like EGM, Game Pro, Ultra Game Players, PlayMag (french). From wich magazine you wishes i to scanning something?

Just scan everything related to saturn, I am scannine CVG's even though staurn stuff in them was pretty rare towards its later days, I wouldnt mind seeing the official saturn magazines being scanned though, i used to have a few of them but they were lost when i moved.

Does anybody have an FTP where they could host these mag scans?

Originally posted by Berty@Oct. 08 2002, 1:00 pm

That will probably be the most difficult part.
sad.gif

Originally posted by Berty@Oct. 07 2002, 10:00 pm

Just scan everything related to saturn, I am scannine CVG's even though staurn stuff in them was pretty rare towards its later days, I wouldnt mind seeing the official saturn magazines being scanned though, i used to have a few of them but they were lost when i moved.

It would be cooler if you could talk to Ice or somebody about having SX hosting them under the Docs page or something

I have been thinking about creating a web site and getting it hosted, I have already done alot of the artwork for it, t is called NTSC-J, cause im a big Jap Saturn Fan. I wanted the site to cover japanese aspects of the saturn in english, like trying to find walkthorughs of Jap games and put them into english, as well as having full scans of the manuals of games, etc. But the big factor is how much space it would take to host mag's, cause they probly be about 20 meg each, maybe i could rotate them on a weekly basis? i dont know... any suggestions just mail me, anyone want to contribute,... mail me

I current;y have scans relating to anything shining from SSM issues 22-37.....

Doing all those issues tho would take quite a task....

I think that's a cool idea. I have some old game mags lying around. I also have some next gen mags and some old egms and some Japanese dreamcast mag called "doremanga" i believe that's what its called.

I can scan em but it will take a loooong time.

If someone can set up a place we can put all these scans...

Also, how high dpi should we scan? 72? 120? 150? 300?

Kyosuke75

150-200 DPI should be good.

But 300 is good if you want to OCR it so you can do text searches on them. (very nice)

Converting them to PDF would also help.

This sounds like a top idea.. PFD format would be the best IMO but jpg or png is also sweet..

1 just have question who will be hosting these files as a fully mag would be 20+ megs i am guessing.

Hi,

I have just completed some scanning some stuff, slightly off the topic but good nevertheless.

1. Sega OZisoft Post Cards 1-5.

2. Sega Soft Information Vol 6.

3. Linkle Liver Story full instruction manual and extras.

Expect a release soon...

Back