Saturn Menus?

Hi, got a japanese saturn, and i wanted to ask a favour to those who have a US/EUR saturn, that favour is, when i'm in the saturn menus, I don't know wtf is going on, so could someone post the english titles of the menus

|1|2|3| <---Saturn Menu, what are each of the buttons?

|4|5|6|

|7|8|9|

Buy a new battery (any electronics shop have it an it's cheap). Put it. When you start the system it will ask you the date and the language.

At least EUR Saturns does that.

US Sat does that. If your battery is fallin to shit. Just leave the system on for like 24hrs straight, it will help recharge the bat. when u start it back up and it asks for the date and time and stuff. I think it's the first choice u have to make before the clock settings...but anyways it just lists the dif languages, select the one that says English
smile.gif
. I am smart..... I'ma readedin da tex

Originally posted by BJammzz@Dec. 11 2002, 5:22 am

Just leave the system on for like 24hrs straight, it will help recharge the bat.

Leaving the Saturn on will recharge the battery? That's news to me...

You'd be better off replacing the battery to avoid any potential problems with the dead one leaking.

damn, i just screwed my case back on too, oh well, another 1min of work for me, thanks for advice, don't want the battery to leak on me

aiight, i just removed the battery, didn't need to remove the shell at all, panel was opened, pulled out the vcd card and done, and i noticed close to it there's this little button, nothing wrong with pushing it rihgt?

That little button is the system reset button. Just like if you removed the battery completely pressing it causes the saturn to loose all settings and game saves in it's memory.

Originally posted by ridah100@Dec. 10 2002, 11:48 pm

aiight, i just removed the battery, didn't need to remove the shell at all, panel was opened, pulled out the vcd card and done, and i noticed close to it there's this little button, nothing wrong with pushing it rihgt?

That's really fun... you're not very familiar with saturn's battery and reset button, but you own a VCD card, that's luck!!

(why don't I have one, too.... I'll give my life for that! hehe)

lol

i got a great deal on the Saturn

Jap Saturn w/ vcd card

RF switch

2x Sega controllers

Sega Steering Wheel

Sega Light Gun

70$ canadian

which is about 45$US, but i kinda got scammed, cuz the guy said it had a modchip, so that's why i was willing to pay 70$, but it's all good

Welhe battery is actually dead, then no it wont help. but I have heard of ppl who have probs with it not saving, even though it's plugged in. This was what helped it stay charged I guess. Like if the thing hasn't been runnin for say 6-7 months. u boot it up for like 10 min. turn it off and come back 2 days later, u would have to redo settings correct?

it's kinda weird, like, if i play, and then turn it off and leave it for like a day, when i boot up the saturn again, i gotta re-enter the info, but sometimes, i play, turn off, then wait 5 mins, and turn back on, the info is still there, and sometimes, when i reset, i still gotta re-enter the info, but problem solved, got a new battery for a dollar, and it saves now

Originally posted by BJammzz@Dec. 10 2002, 1:49 am

Welhe battery is actually dead, then no it wont help. but I have heard of ppl who have probs with it not saving, even though it's plugged in. This was what helped it stay charged I guess. Like if the thing hasn't been runnin for say 6-7 months. u boot it up for like 10 min. turn it off and come back 2 days later, u would have to redo settings correct?

The battery doesn't recharge, even if you leave the Saturn on. When you leave it on, reset, etc, it retains it in memory not because of the battery being recharged but the internal memory being powered by other sources.

A good example of this phenomenon is a laptop. Once you plug a laptop back in which was running on it's battery, it's no longer running on the battery but the A/C. (This isn't ALWAYS true, I know - but it's a general example).

The battery in the Saturn is like a watch battery - when the saturn is off, the battery powers the memory, whether or not the saturn is plugged in or not. And to run with the watch analogy, like a watch, the battery will continue to drain whether or not your using the watch. After a while, the battery will die, whether you like it or not.

These aren't NiMH/Li-Ion batteries, so for the Saturn to be charging them would lead to some very dangerous consequences over a long period of time (possibility of leakage/explosion). Sega has made some stupid hardware decisions, but not that stupid.
biggrin.gif

Back