Saturn modding question.

TrekkiesUnite118

Established Member
I have been thinking of attempting to region mod my Saturn for some time now. The problem is when I have tried to take it apart to see what board I have I can't get the Power Supply out, all the screws appear to be out but it seems like it is still stuck on there and I don't want to pull real hard in case I could damage it. Is there some hidden screw in there I am not seeing? If anyone could give me advice on this I would greatly appreciate it.

By the way I forgot to mention it is a Model 2 Saturn with the round buttons if that makes any difference with this particular issue.

I think there is only 1 screw holdind the upper side of the power supply board(correct me if I'm wrong),but you also need to undo the 2 black screws holding the outter side by the power cord input.After that,you'll literally have to pull the power board from the pins that provide the energy to the motherboard.Sometimes this needs a little force to get it out,but make sure you are pulling from the pins side.Also,to completely remove,there are a few plastic tabs holding it in place.You might have to tilt the power board sideways a bit.

Well I took it apart and it appears I have the one that is supposedly easiest to mod, so when I can get memory card to backup my saves so I can remove the battery I will look further into doing this mod.

This is the one it is:

satjumpers1.jpg

Back