Saturn Model 1 Motor+Lens Swap Over

Hi all

I have just recieved a model 1 Jap grey saturn, there is a problem with the saturn as it seems to not spin the disc properly as if the motor is on its way out. Everytime I put a disc into the machine it loads the cd player menu detects the tracks and does no more, tried just for the off chance a pal game but again did the same. My question is can I swap the lens+motor(from where the four round rubber supports are) for a spare model 2 pal saturn lens+motor I have. I hav'nt looked into much but they seem the same. Has anyone tried it? and is there any danger in doing this to my model 1 jap saturn.

Thanks

I think it´s like a pc
smile.gif

in the worst of the hypotheses it will not work

then you put the original back again

correct me if I´m wrong please

Originally posted by krozor@June 29 2002,04:11

Hi all

I have just recieved a model 1 Jap grey saturn, there is a problem with the saturn as it seems to not spin the disc properly as if the motor is on its way out. Everytime I put a disc into the machine it loads the cd player menu detects the tracks and does no more, tried just for the off chance a pal game but again did the same. My question is can I swap the lens+motor(from where the four round rubber supports are) for a spare model 2 pal saturn lens+motor I have. I hav'nt looked into much but they seem the same. Has anyone tried it? and is there any danger in doing this to my model 1 jap saturn.

Thanks

You are trying to boot a japanese original aren't you?

If you are trying to play a US or European game you need to change the country code of the game, have a cart with territory lock out bypass (AR or similar) or fit switches.

If you're playing a back up you need use the 'swap trick' or fit a modboard. Keep in mind that you may be unable to find a mod for a 20 pin (model 1) Saturn.

I hope I'm not trying to tell you something you already know but the info you gave was a little limited.
smile.gif

As for the CD board swap, it is possible if both Saturns are '21 pin'. This means they use a 21 pin ribbon cable to connect the CD board to the main board.

Back