Saturn on a VGA Monitor ? ? ?

Pixel's don't even apply here, but I see what he's getting at. The saturn is incapable of high resolutions as we know them today, and when you use s-video, all the detail, or most of it, is seen. I don't remember what resolution it outputs, but its not as much as a ps2 or gc, and certainly not as much as the xbox. The system is what, 8 years old. With s-video, things may look more jagged, but there is little or no distortion, so you see all the detail there is to see, compared to composite or RF, where the images are fuzzy, creating the illustion of better graphics. I would rather see the clear image, bright, full of color and without distortion rather than a fuzzy illusion of clean lines and more textures. If seeing the game the way it was meant to be seen bugs you so much, sit a couple feet further away from the TV; but let me assure you, it isn't a rip-off and if you get used to it, I think you will enjoy your Saturn more with it. I do. The real way to play is with an s-video cable on an HDTV, where it line doubles to 480p, removing the interlace artifacts. When I first plugged VF2 up to mine, I was amazed, and this is the closest thing to RGB that is possible without special modifications and monitors.

It all depends on what your plugging it up to; in the US there is no RGB standard so there are several different kinds of inputs. If you haven't already, go over to www.gamesx.com , where you will find a wealth of information about pinouts and RGB in general, as well as a forum dedicated to such topics. Start with the "RGB Primer" under Misc Tech.

Back