Saturn on VGA

It should work out just fine... and hey, if all else fails, I'll solder the A/V wires right onto the PCB >
biggrin.gif

Oh, and Taelon: I'm using a Chroma/Luma connection with my Commodore 1702 as of now. It looks fantastic as it is... but I have to take that one final step into the land of pure RGB.
wink.gif

Ah, I see.
smile.gif

But did you know the 1084 actually has a higher-resolution screen than the 1702? That one was advertised as having a 40-character resolution (perfect for the C64), whereas the 1084 would have 80-character resolution.. an old-fashioned way, really, of saying it would display 640 dots per line rather than 320 and you were still able to discern them. Consequently, even a chroma/luma (= s-video) hookup looks a lot better on the 1084.
smile.gif

But, hey! I'm just saying that on the side. Go for it, go and step into RGB-land, lucky one!
biggrin.gif

Well I got my XRGB-2 today, and all I can say is wow!! I've been using RF and jumping to this with RGB input is crazy. Saturn games looked all blocky at first, but after adjusting the settings and turning on the fake scan lines they look great. I wouldn't recommend it for capcom fighting games though, they don't scan up as well.

Only down side is it can't do progressive scan, I don't have any systems that do that so I really don't care.

I was using a dodgy rf lead (think it was almost dead) and the image was fuzzy as hell, bought an rgb lead from lik-sang which doesn't bloody work in rgb mode only av which has pissed me right off as anytime I post a question on their FAQ system they remove it and then dont reply to my emails <_<

The SCART connector has 21 pins. Those 21 pins provide connections for stereo audio (in/out) composite, s-video and RGB signals. If only the composite pins are wired, then you'll only get a composite picture.

Many European TVs also have SCART inputs but no support for RGB whatsoever. They expect composite video and stereo audio.

Ah yes... this weekend I'll have a little Saturn RGB mod (of sorts) complete!

I'm gonna mount a female DB-9 in the back of the Saturn and wire the pins for use on my 1084S-D1. Ah, visual nirvana.

Back