Saturn Problems

Your mod-chip idea did not work either =(

looks like i am going to have to buy a new saturn =(

thanks everyone for atleast trying...if anyone has any ideas i'm still open to them.

All I can suggest now is to try reseating the ribbon cable.

There's enough play in the sockets that one or two of the pins may not be quite lined up properly. I'm clutching at straws, but it might be worth a try.

mal, please go further into explaining how to do that. The ribbon's pins are a little damaged and is pretty messed up from being taken in and out so many times (i've must've done it more them 20 times now)

and even though it may be a long shot...it's really thing only thing i can figure is wrong.

so please tell me how to

All I mean is that the socket that the ribbon cable goes into is a little wider than the ribbon cable itself.

Once when I was moddding a Saturn it didn't work properly the first time that I fired it up because one of the pins of the socket just wasn't quite lined up properly with the cable. Putting it back in again did the trick. However seeing as you've done it so many times now, that makes it a little more unlikely...

BTW, if that 'straight' ribbon cable has deteriorated too much, you can use the other ribbon cable, as long as you take the twist out of it.

Back