Saturn Sound Converter

The link for the Saturn Sound Converter program is broken! If anyone could send the file (sswavetools.rar) to me I would be extremely grateful. I've been looking for a tool like this for a while now.

My email addy is <blitzkri3g at comcast.net>. *afraid of spambots*

What's the broken link? It could be useful.
wink.gif

Thanks a lot for the help! Though it seems that the music I want to convert isn't in PCM. :(

I don't have enough knowledge about the Saturn sound system to really clarify what sort of converter I need, but I might as well give it a shot. ;)

I'm trying to nab the BGM and (possibly) the sound effects from the game, Super Tempo. None of the files on the CD are over 1 MB (excluding the 2 redbook audio tracks, but that's not what I'm after) so I'm guessing that the BGM are in a MIDI-like format. Is there a standard format that the Saturn uses for music like this? If so, does a converter exist?

Thanks again. :x

Originally posted by Blitz kun@Jul 23, 2003 @ 01:21 AM

I'm trying to nab the BGM and (possibly) the sound effects from the game, Super Tempo. None of the files on the CD are over 1 MB (excluding the 2 redbook audio tracks, but that's not what I'm after) so I'm guessing that the BGM are in a MIDI-like format. Is there a standard format that the Saturn uses for music like this? If so, does a converter exist?

CyberWarriorX made a program that converted from Sega's "SEQ" format to MIDI, but it seems to have disappeared from the downloadsite and I've lost the binary. However, even if you manage to locate the converter and it works, keep in mind that the result won't sound quite like original as the MIDI won't use the same instruments.

If the game has a sound test mode, it's probably easier to use it and record the music with your soundcard.

Back