Saturn sound

A friend of mine recently managed to output some saturn sound sequence file using sega's macintosh sound tools. Until this day, it was easy for me to output the example sequences provided with the SGL, but I couldn't figure how to produce them. Altough it was possible too to use the slPCMxx functions with converted sound files, some limitations (memory, speed, simultaneous output) were making them useless.

This means than we will be able to add some sound in our games (midi + pcm) a very simple way using the slSequencexx functions.

I'll post his howto here as soon as it will be completed (he used the basiliskII emulator in order to run the mac software)

GREAT! man , wait...i can emulate the macintosh tools for sound?! ... well what really confuses me is that how will i load a PCM?

wait...i can emulate the macintosh tools for sound?!

It seems like i've been rather unclear.

The sequences (packed in a data and a map file) used by the SGL slSequenceXX functions (have a look at a SGL non-pcm sound example) can be produced by a macintosh toolchain. I don't own a mac, so I use the basillisk mac emulator for windows.

well what really confuses me is that how will i load a PCM?

Wait for the readme describing the process. If you're interested in producing sound, I suggest you to firstly read the sound part of the sgl tutorial.

oh, well i read a little and i followed your shooter_src.zip
smile.gif
ya thats what i meant.. im gonna use a mac emulator
smile.gif

I feel like a disordered in intellect; crazy; insane person with advanced knowledge of one of more sciences. Feel like I now have to finish at least one game soon, too.

Back