Saturn Technical Issue

My Saturn just went out on me, but before i officially say it's broken wanted to see if you guys might be able to help if there is something i could do without buying another or repairing it.

Ok, here's what happend... i was playing a game and all of a sudden the sound effects all stopped, the game and music were still running, and i had a feeling during the next loading screen it would freeze, and i was right. i poped open the lid just to see if the system stopped accessing the disc, but it was still spinning, so i hit the reset button but the screen just went blank. so i hit the power button to completly restart the system, and the Saturn logo came up as usual but there was no sound, and it wouldn't progress from there, and i could here the cd spinning too. i tried it without the disc but the same thing, and i still heard the laser move. finally i tried turning it on without the save cart and the logo wouldn't come up at all. i tried turning it on and off a few times with the logo coming up probably twice w/o the cart, and always with the cart, but still no sound, and no furthur than the logo. what the heck happend to my saturn!?

Is it modified in anyways, region mod perhaps or does it have a modchip in it? what game cd are you using when it happened, is it a burned cd?

Back