Saturn - Vampire Savior Issues

I'm having trouble figuring this one out... I have a copy of Vampire Savior (real copy not burned) and I'm using it on a 1st model US Saturn (black model with oval buttons) with a 4 in 1 Action Replay cart, which supposedly has the 4MB of extra RAM needed to run this game. The game works, sort of.. After playing it for 15-20 minutes, weird things happen, and what can only be described as "graphical artifacts" start showing up all over the screen, and it looks all glitched out.. It will still continue playing, and never seems to crash but once this happens it doesn't go away until you reset the system, then it comes back again every time..
I also have a pseudo saturn flashed action replay cartridge that I've tried using, and it does the same thing. I can't figure out if this game just doesn't like the action replay carts 4MB of RAM and it wants the standalone RAM cartridge or what, but I really don't feel like spending over $100 on a freakin' RAM cartridge just so I can play Vampire Savior.. And, even if I did purchase a RAM cart, I would then have to buy a Japanese Saturn because mine is a US model and this game is Japanese. Does anyone have any ideas here or has anyone seen this issue before? Thanks!

^ Just burn a copy and use the Region Patcher. It's possible your Saturn is on the way out. Saturn's need to be recapped at this point. Try cleaning the Cartridge port with Isopropyl Alcohol and a toothbrush. Use canned air after. (or one of these)

Take a Qtip dipped with Isopropyl Alcohol to the CD laser lens. There is also an outside chance your copy of Vampire Savior has disc rot. I have a few across my collection that have this issue too. (Unfortunately)

^ Just burn a copy and use the Region Patcher. It's possible your Saturn is on the way out. Saturn's need to be recapped at this point. Try cleaning the Cartridge port with Isopropyl Alcohol and a toothbrush. Use canned air after. (or one of these)

Take a Qtip dipped with Isopropyl Alcohol to the CD laser lens. There is also an outside chance your copy of Vampire Savior has disc rot. I have a few across my collection that have this issue too. (Unfortunately)
I appreciate all of your advice but i’ve already thought of trying all of that. It can’t be my Saturn because I have over 20 other games that work fine for hours straight. I’m also running Dragon Force with the same action replay carts. The VS disc is immaculate, not a single blemish.. My only thought at this point is the version of the action replay carts I have.. Is there a way to tell which revision mine are? I’ve read something about any action replays released prior to 1998 have issues with the 4m of RAM.. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Do you have any other 4mb ram games that you have tried? If you see similar issues with X-men, Marvel vs Street Fighter, or Street FIghter Zero 3, you can at least rule out that the game is fine. After that, if you have a friend that has a Saturn, you can try your Action Replay and Vampire Savior on a secondary system. If the issue comes up again, then the likelihood that it is the Action Replay/Pseudo Saturn cart is higher.

Some of us old heads might. I have 2 that are definitely before 99 with the comms port. Not sure if it has the Vampire Savior issue as I always used the official 4mb ram. But yeah, @KuroNeko666 good catch digging up this solution from way back when :)

Back