save files

i have a backup to panzer dragoon saga. its a burned copy of the game, not a downloaded file put on the cd. everything is working great with it but for some odd reason it wont save files to my memory card(performance memory card plus), it only saves on the internal ram. good thing my battery is not dead. this is a copy of the U.S. version too. is this problem occuring because its a backup copy. and does anone else have problems saving cd-r games onto their memory card?

A 'backup' game would make no difference saving on a memory card as a real original would.

3rd party memory cards are picky, do you have an official or 3rd party?

Well he says he has a "performance memory card plus", so I'd guess he's talking about a thrid party device.

It is the case with all third party memory cards that you cannot use them to save in game - this has nothing to do with the game being a copy or not. If you want in-game saves to an external device you need to use the offical Sega memory card.

Originally posted by Curtis@Jul 13, 2003 @ 05:51 AM

Well he says he has a "performance memory card plus", so I'd guess he's talking about a thrid party device.

It is the case with all third party memory cards that you cannot use them to save in game - this has nothing to do with the game being a copy or not. If you want in-game saves to an external device you need to use the offical Sega memory card.

No you are wrong, Memory cards for saturn CAN save IN-GAME
smile.gif

Actually the performance memory card does allow saving directly to it
happy.gif
. I do it all the time in fact. However, it seems to have compatibility issues with PDS in that it'll corrupt PDS saves that are saved to it. If it's not being detected, what I'd do if I was you is this:

Turn off your saturn, put the mem card in, turn it on, check built in memory support ot see if it sees it. If not then go back to step one and repeat until it sees it.

On a lighter note, 3rd party mem cards for the saturn are horrible.... HORRIBLE. I should know, I've got that same one he does lol. It often takes 10+ minutes to get teh saturn to finally detect it's in there.

i have other back up games and they work fine with my memory card but panzer saga is the only one so far that does this(great choice for a game to do it to). i dont mind saving to the internal battery first then just copy to cartridge but the reason why i am questionable is because if ythe battery dies out i cant save the game till i put a new battery in. and yes its third party, its made by performance, i never usually have problems with it and it has tons of room on it. i got it at a loacal eb around mid 99' for like 3$ when they were clearing everything out and its been good since then. i never really wanted to buy a different one or a ram cart or something because i hard that the saturn cartridge slot is not very good. that u should always just keep the same cartidge in and not switch it too often because the slot will wear out so badly that it wont work anymore. not sure if its true though?

Originally posted by chocodog@Jul 13, 2003 @ 08:38 PM

if ythe battery dies out i cant save the game till i put a new battery in.

wrong.

you can still save games, what happens when the battery is dead, is that savegames/clock/date settings aren't retained when you turn off the saturn.

Even with a dead battery you can save to the internal mem, and if you don't power off the console, the saves will remain there.

Back