saving state with gens

why is it that i cant save ..or save state on any of my games under gens...is this function enabled..i see the options under the files menu....can someone please help..!

well when your playing a game and you want to save,but the game dont have its own save feature,or it only has a password system.click the files bit select save.cant remember if you have to pick a name for the save state or not.simple.

yep just checked.its "save state as".click that and pick a name i think.i dident check that couse i couldent be bothered to boot a rom.or use the quick save/quick load feature.when you wanna save hit the f5 key.then when you wanna load it back hit f8.

Save states are only for Sega Genesis.

Sega 32x and Sega CD save states will come later. but Stef has to emulate a bit more. technical stuff.

Originally posted by Link Hylia@Aug. 19 2002, 11:13 pm

Save states are only for Sega Genesis.

Sega 32x and Sega CD save states will come later. but Stef has to emulate a bit more. technical stuff.

is it? i never actually tried saving a cd game,or 32x game.

yes, but standard S-RAM game saves are fully supported (except a few like NBA Jam that have custom S-RAM chips)

the save states will likely be a megabyte or more in size, all the data and regesters it has to keep track of will mean a lot of bytes used.

thx for the info m8.its a good job i found out,wouldent want to be playing a cd/32x game in gens,get far into it then hit the quick save,think its saved,then start hitting and swearing at my pc,couse it wont load in.lol
biggrin.gif

Sega 32xCD combo games are also not supported, but you probably knew that already.

Stick with the universal S-RAM files, so should one emulator have trouble, you can easily switch to another, like Kega, Ages, or Gens.

glad to be of help
smile.gif

Back