scud race 2.1 devkit demo

Hi,

I just found a site that has the early demo video of scud race for the dreamcast 2.1 devkit. Before you hastle the guy about it know this...

1. There was NEVER any source code distributed with the demo

2. To actually run the demo you will need a Set 2 PC board, it wont run in a dc.

http://jollyrogerdev.ath.cx/Set2_1/Set2_1.html

if the link is down then i have the video on my hard drive and can upload it to the message board but i'll have to chop it into 2 archives.

i found this at the assembler forums and thought that people here may also be interested.

Originally posted by Berty@Mon, 2004-10-25 @ 02:59 AM

it took everyone a while to find this post

[post=121591]Quoted post[/post]​

People are blind ;)

2. To actually run the demo you will need a Set 2 PC board, it wont run in a dc.

Does it means that this board cannot be used to dev Dreamcast games ? Otherwise why this game could not be run on a Dreamcast(with some hints or work) ?

from what i know, the set 2 pc board was nearly identical to the DC, except it wasn't the finalized version of the DC graphics chip set. The set 2 DC board also relied on the systems cpu so all of the memory address's would be slightly different. But i dont think that the set 2 had anymore grunt then the finalized version of the dc, just different addressing.

Back