SEGA 32x help

I recently got a 32x, but I haven't been able to get any games to work off of it. I'm getting the bios screen to load, and out of the three games I have one will show the SEGA logo, but freezes while doing it. I've tested regular Genesis games while using the 32x and they worked fine. I also tested out a SEGA CD 32x game and it was very glitchy while it was playing. Does someone have any advice for getting it to work? How can I clean the contacts?

I have all the cords hooked up correctly, I checked it out on a Faq to make sure, and I am using a Genesis 2 if that information helps.

-Dr. Dib

Edit: As a side question, can someone please tell me what EA games work and don't work on the Genesis 2.

I have this same problem with my 32X. CD/32X games work ok for me though. I heard the 32X was always very unreliable even when it was new. I guess it contributed to it's huge failure.

Are you using the little seperator disk thing (its a piece of plastic that slips over the cartridge connector part so that the 32X doesn't wobble on the Genny2)

Your sure to have the shielding plates in there too?

I've owned 3 32Xs, one works fine, the other only works in black and white, and the other freezes CONSTANTLY on any kind of game. They are very finicky. The Shield plates sometimes seems like they do nothing, but then again randomly with out them on the one that works just fine, things freeze. So I guess they are for something.

Thanks for the info, I'll try using the guide to fix it later.

I do not have those metal clips that you put in the cartridge slot.

Back