Sega Ages changes

axelblazeadam

Staff member
The contents of the recently announced first volume Sega Ages pack has been changed it now comprises of Super Monaco GP, Fantasy Zone, Golden Axe and Space Harrier.

The removed Columns and Virtua Racing look set to be included in the second volume.

Sega have also confirmed that they will release Phantasy Star Collection.

http://spong.com/x?art=6823

I don't care so much for the first Ages set now. Only 2 of the 4 do I enjoy. At the right price, I will pick it up though.

Phantasy Star Collection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:party

As long as it truly makes it out, I will be in heaven.

Super Monaco GP? Sweet, I didn't know they were remaking that. One of my favorite games from back in the day, although a bit buggy. I remember getting up to the last race with the best car, writing down the password, and the game would crash every time I entered it!

Also, just yesterday I got a new copy of the cartridge, and if you remember the game, when you crash it makes a loud noise and the screen strobes rapidly. Well, I crashed, and the Genesis crashed with me! The loud noise just kept looping. Never had that one happen before.

Anyway, somewhat back OT, they're probably trying to spread out the more popular games. Not too many people I know are into Fantasy Zone or Super Monaco GP (although they're both good games -- even though I'm a shooter freak, I never cared for FZ much though), whereas most older gamers have at least heard of either Golden Axe or Space Harrier.

I think there is a mistake ther, since the Japanese Sega AGES release is for "Monaco GP" not "Super Monaco GP" it is one of the best Sega AGES 2500 though.

Originally posted by it290@May 28, 2004 @ 03:37 PM

Anyway, somewhat back OT, they're probably trying to spread out the more popular games. Not too many people I know are into Fantasy Zone or Super Monaco GP (although they're both good games -- even though I'm a shooter freak, I never cared for FZ much though), whereas most older gamers have at least heard of either Golden Axe or Space Harrier.

Are we now using OT interchangeably for off and on topic? Damn, I must have missed that meeting! :D

Anyway, I think it's still worth a purchase, but obviously we really want to get our paws on the PS collection.

Are we now using OT interchangeably for off and on topic? Damn, I must have missed that meeting!

Heh heh, good call. Sometimes I type before I think, it's a side effect of having used a keyboard for too long. ;)

I'd be more excited about this if it wasn't for PS2. Oh well. I'll someday purchase a PS3, or perhaps a $70 compact PS2.

Where did you find that logo Surronded? I've seen it elsewhere, but wasn't sure whether or not it was legit. It doesn't look too bad, really. Although I must admit I prefer Sega's logo. :p

I think it blows, but I think the whole thing blows. That aside, they should drop "Holdings". We get it already. Just call it Sega Sammy.

I'm sure Sega's logo will still be around, even after the merger. I just know it.

I only hope the Sega scream stays. But I know that will as well. As evil as Sammy is, I know for a fact they wouldn't go so far as to get rid of Sega's primary marketing ploy.

SEGA!

I had to click on Surronded's (huh?) sig to see it, as I have them turned off by default. That said, that looks like the first usage of Corel Draw by an eight year old, or maybe a fourty-five year old who still things gradients are 'hip'. blech.

Cloud, the Sega scream hasn't been used in a loong while, really. Although it was probably the most brilliant video game ad campaign ever, the execs at SoA are certainly too braindead to think about that.

Speaking of SoA, I wonder what effect the merger/buyout will have on them? American Sammy doesn't have too much going on, so I don't really see them cutting much staff, although I wouldn't be surprised if they installed some people who weren't total boneheads. It's completely likely that they won't, though; it seems that a lot of Japanese companies will hire anyone who can bullshit well enough to manage the American sides of their operations (take that statement with a grain of salt, if you will).

I think we can almost guarantee that the Sega logo will remain in Sega produced games. Although its possible it could be preceded by a Sega Sammy logo.

Originally posted by it290@May 29, 2004 @ 03:09 AM

I had to click on Surronded's (huh?) sig to see it, as I have them turned off by default. That said, that looks like the first usage of Corel Draw by an eight year old, or maybe a fourty-five year old who still things gradients are 'hip'. blech.

Cloud, the Sega scream hasn't been used in a loong while, really. Although it was probably the most brilliant video game ad campaign ever, the execs at SoA are certainly too braindead to think about that.

Speaking of SoA, I wonder what effect the merger/buyout will have on them? American Sammy doesn't have too much going on, so I don't really see them cutting much staff, although I wouldn't be surprised if they installed some people who weren't total boneheads. It's completely likely that they won't, though; it seems that a lot of Japanese companies will hire anyone who can bullshit well enough to manage the American sides of their operations (take that statement with a grain of salt, if you will).

Hm.. yeah.. you gotta point there....

Thr last time I remember hearing the Sega Scream, was for the 2K3 sports ads, and Shinobi ad. Yeah.. that was a long time ago....

Back