Sega Ages: Phantasy Star II

I meant fixing the gameplay problems, like the lame technique system, and also sprucing up the (lame-looking) interface and artwork. I think the story of PSIII is just fine. Sure, it's kind of a side story, but really, PSII doesn't tie in to PS all that much either.

Originally posted by it290@Tue, 2004-12-07 @ 07:33 PM

I meant fixing the gameplay problems, like the lame technique system, and also sprucing up the (lame-looking) interface and artwork. I think the story of PSIII is just fine. Sure, it's kind of a side story, but really, PSII doesn't tie in to PS all that much either.
I knew what you meant. ;) It would require a lot of work to fix PSIII to make me play through it again. Like at least 2/3 of the music needs to be thrown away, and the better stuff remade. Graphics, yes, but also dungeon design. Plus the multiple branches really didn't need to exist, I'd rather have stronger character development and better story without branches. But that's just me.

Music? I thought the music was the best part of the game, by far. I liked the generations idea as well.. without that, the game really wouldn't have any point. Although it did create a problem with character development. I agree about the dungeons, though.

Most of the music was boring, or worse. SOME of the music was excellent. All the other PS games had more consistent music.

PSII doesn't tie in to PS all that much either.

Hm...

Despite it clearly saying in the opening "It has been 1000 years since Alis and friends overthrew Lassic."

Oh and, Rolf's constant nightmares of Alis battling Dark Force.

Oh yeah and, Lutz telling Rolf that he is the last descendant of Alis.

Those are some huge tie-ins (espeically that last one).

I can't even play PSIII, I absolutely positively HATE it.

They should rename PSIV, make it the third one, and everyone just forgets that PSIII exists. :puke:

Originally posted by mountaindud@Fri, 2004-12-10 @ 12:24 AM

I can't even play PSIII, I absolutely positively HATE it.

They should rename PSIV, make it the third one, and everyone just forgets that PSIII exists. :puke:

[post=125639]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree 100%

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Fri, 2004-12-10 @ 12:49 AM

PSIII is/was awesome. It's just REALLY SLOW!
PS I, II, and IV are awesome. PSIII is alright. Unless you're gonna change your name again. Maybe you should be a Rhys fanboy. :p

If it were'nt so drawn out and slow, P3 would be an excellent game. With the proper storyline pacing and dramatic direction, the story would have some serious potential. Imagine having the characters find out half way through the game that they aren't on some planet somewhere, but on a gigantic spaceship!!

I agree with one other poster that the generations could be done away with. Maybe some minor playtime as past generations, but not 1/3rd of gametime.

the whole idea of having a sidestory is great as well. In my mind, I am glad that PS3 was not just another replica of 1, 2 and 4.

Back