Sega Ages rejected by Sony USA

Well, I'm down with multi game packs and everything, but SCEA are a bunch of bloody bastards. Considering the number of crap games I've seen for the PS2, their judgement is certainly flawed.

Ahahahaha~~!!

There will be a point in which SCEA will only admit Sports, FPS and RTS games, oh, and all of them need to be in 3D.

I heard they rejected the Viewtiful Joe conversion as well until Capcom agreed to add more features. Which is just stupid as VJ was the best game of last year IMO.

I have to say that this particlar rejection is good for us Sega fans as we get more games for less.

I just hope it doesn't lead to really good 2D games being blocked from release altogether in future.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@May 6, 2004 @ 05:45 PM

Ahahahaha~~!!

There will be a point in which SCEA will only admit Sports, FPS and RTS games, oh, and all of them need to be in 3D.

Ahem, excepting their own sports titles, many of which they will also reject. Hah!

Dammit... GameDay 2004 fucking OWNED! I loved that game!

As for the double-pack approach..

I hope they go for about $30. The MAX I would pay, would be about $40.

However... I'd pay $100 just to play the Phantasy Star remake...

Or Golden Axe....

Or Space Harrier....

I hear the Golden Axe remake was disappointing...

But anyway, I see this news as good for Sega fans, and bad for everyone's opinion of SCEA.

I mean, it's like someone found your lost puppy, and then insulted it.

I've heard tell that the PS remake isn't that hot either; although it's supposed to be fairly faithful to the original, apparently they added a bunch of extraneous dialogue that you're required to undertake in order to get anything done in various locations.. I guess they're trying to modernize it by adding some filler.

Originally posted by reX dart: eskimo spy@May 6, 2004 @ 04:44 PM

I hear the Golden Axe remake was disappointing...

But anyway, I see this news as good for Sega fans, and bad for everyone's opinion of SCEA.

I mean, it's like someone found your lost puppy, and then insulted it.

Yeah so? IT'S GOLDEN AXE! MY FAVORITE SEGA SERIES BEHIND VF AND PS!!!

Oh man.... I started playing PSIV the other day at school again.. I so cannot wait for PSIV remake....

I bet they'll release PSII and PSIV together in the "double pack" format.

Originally posted by Cloud121+May 6, 2004 @ 10:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cloud121 @ May 6, 2004 @ 10:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>However... I'd pay $100 just to play the Phantasy Star remake...[/b]

At that point, I'd be purchasing a SMS cart of it!

Originally posted by it290@May 6, 2004 @ 11:13 PM

I guess they're trying to modernize it by adding some filler.

If they wanted to REALLY modernize it, they'd give you maps detailing everything in every dungeon, and quadruple all your stats.

<!--QuoteBegin-Cloud121
@Posted on May 7, 2004 @ 02:11 AM

Yeah so? IT'S GOLDEN AXE! MY FAVORITE SEGA SERIES BEHIND VF AND PS!!![/quote]

So if they went and made a horrible remake, and ruined the series, you'd be happy with that? "Yeah so" doesn't cut it if the remake sucks.

Only problem I see with this is that chances are they'll just charge $40 per game "pack" instead of the $20 per game I was expecting.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@May 6, 2004 @ 12:45 PM

Ahahahaha~~!!

i'm rarely on this board much anymore, but the above post proves that des-row is still indeed a goddess.

This isn't suprising. Working Designs got the same feedback from Sony for thier Growlanser II/III release. They were supposed to be release individually, but had instead had to be put together as a collection.

Originally posted by aaron+May 6, 2004 @ 09:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaron @ May 6, 2004 @ 09:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Des-ROW@May 6, 2004 @ 12:45 PM

Ahahahaha~~!!

i'm rarely on this board much anymore, but the above post proves that des-row is still indeed a goddess. [/b][/quote]

She's my goddess ;) :) :D :p :smokin: :drool: :thumbs-up: :bow

Back