Sega All-Stars coming to PS2 EyeToy

racketboy

Established Member
To me, the Eye-Toy is one of the coolest things availible for the PS2. And now Sega is releasing a bundle of games featuring their biggest stars as a PS2 Eye Toy game. The bundle includes Samba De Amigo, Sonic, Virtua Fighters, and House of the Dead.

Read more and see some screens at SPOnG

As a Gamecube and Xbox owner, I'm rather disappointed.

But I am curious, does the EyeToy offer much replayability? To me, it just looked like it presented some fun minigames, and probably a good party game, but not much else.

I can definitely see Samba de Amigo working well, and HotD makes sense... but sonic? I'm not a big ps2 fan but I do like cool peripherals... I'm glad to see something like the eyetoy emerge in what seems to be a pretty bland market.

---Ammut

I thought I'd never get an EyeToy. But then here comes a VF game for it. Looks like I'll have to get one now....

Oh and can't forget the others! Although VF is, of course, the main draw for me... :D

*Imagines himself laying the beatdown on Akira*

For once, $ony comes out with something INNOVATIVE, and that be the EyeToy. The EyeToy just screams Sega. It sounds like something Sega would've done with the DC days.

Yes, I know about the DreamEye. It was just a webcam thing though, nothing like the EyeToy.

Umm... the EyeToy is just a USB webcam. And Sega did have plans to make software to use the DreamEye with....it just never sold well enough for them to bother.

Back