sega and microsoft

i have a feeling that the xbox is realy sega's new console -- hear me out

sega had gotten a bad rap for produceing a system and then droping it when things were bad so joing with MS would eliminate that in a way

plus sega was broke - MS was not

ms and sega worked together on the dreamcast - there were 2 dreamcast designs - the one they made - and a xbox "like" one (using standard computer hardware) - MS helped sega make a system that would make porting PC games easy

dreamcast does ok pirates frell with it - sega has to take a dump

after a while

MS releases the xbox with backing by sega with a system that was "like" the alternate version of the dreamcast -- coincidence?

sega makes a bunch of xbox exclusive games

sega can also maximize profits by looking like they are not linked to a system by releaseing games on all platforms

we know that sega liked to make arcade boards based on "thier" home game systems for easier porting of arcade games right so

the latest sega news i found out was that sega made "their" latest arcade board (code named: Chihiro) based on the XBOX so arcade ports to the xbox would be near perfect - coincidence?

SEGA has got to have a bigger stake in the xbox than they say

also sega old advertising is also kind of similar to the xbox adds -- extreme and rebelious

i think we can expect many more real awsome xbox only sega games

i understand this can be argued another way but i dont think you can say my idea is wrong

sega was out of money - MS wanted to get into games - and had the money and no expertise

what do you guys think about this - please im not asking for flames either -just inteligent responses

I think you should lay off the psycho fanboy paranoia conspiracy theories. Each R&D unit is free to choose what platforms they develop for. As far as arcade hardware is concerned, Sega is also involved in the Triforce but apparently that only grants them the title of "sellout!!!1" (despite Nintendo being the smallest of the current console makers).

WHAT??? paranoia ???

i was reading alot of sega stuff yesterday and the arcade board news was the final thing that made me think this way

plus that response you gave looks more like psycho fanboyism to me against MS or my other opinions - everyone will have a biased opinion but thats not what i asked for

just the opinion on the coincidences -- dont include other posts of mine in this one please they are not related

dont know about the triforce thing i will look into it

edit:
smile.gif
ok here is my biased opinion (or fanboy what ever you want to call it
smile.gif
) may be flamed for this -- on the triforce -- thats not making sega sellout #1 it is sega being generous and offering thier help where it was needed plus a way to put a few extra bills in thier pocket
smile.gif
) but the triforce thing is not the same for what i was talking about - the chihiro is sega calling "it" its own and based on xbox -- if sega did the same thing and made arcade boards based on the other systems aswell for near perfect sega arcade ports to them as well then that would be diferent and not lead my thinking in that direction

:agree googlefest makes a convincing arguement and it is sound business practice, microsoft makes money off a console and sega pockets money becuz they are guiding microsoft... a deal with the devil but who knows ms doesn't need anymore bad raps or the pr department will get forced into early retirement...

I think googlefest1 brings up many valid points. Sega is a business. If they kept trying to support systems that didn't sell, they would go bankrupt. For them, the best thing was to diversify. Support more people. I'm sure that MS is paying them well. If that provides Sega with the revenues so we can get new/

re-released games like Phantasy Stars(s) and Panzer Dragoon.

I agree on some points but would like to add a little bit. The only reason those games are "XBox only" are cuz MS pays out the ass (I bet sumwhere around 2x as much as Sony or N are willing to pay) for the titles. MS knows that SEGA makes sum kickass games, that's why they are going after them so strong. Just my 2cp....

Originally posted by BJammzz@Feb 26, 2003 @ 10:00 PM

I agree on some points but would like to add a little bit. The only reason those games are "XBox only" are cuz MS pays out the ass (I bet sumwhere around 2x as much as Sony or N are willing to pay) for the titles. MS knows that SEGA makes sum kickass games, that's why they are going after them so strong. Just my 2cp....

I would have to agree there

Sega also has mentioned that they put out high-graphic-quality games on XBox, but I'm not sure how Shenmue fits into that. I mean it's good and all, but a DC port ain't exactly pushing the XBox's power.

Another 2c:

It's not as though Sega has a history learning from the mistakes (far from it). It'd probably make some sort of sense for Sega to be supporting the newcomer rather than supporting either of the companies that put them out of business.

If they were working together, my only wish is that they had made a console that looked sharp. If anything, the Genesis (model 1), and Dreamcast were pretty cool looking machines.
smile.gif

because they copied most of it from the original i think - less work and still looks good

i guess you missed my point about the xbox only games

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Feb 26, 2003 @ 08:21 PM

Another 2c:

It's not as though Sega has a history learning from the mistakes (far from it). It'd probably make some sort of sense for Sega to be supporting the newcomer rather than supporting either of the companies that put them out of business.

If they were working together, my only wish is that they had made a console that looked sharp. If anything, the Genesis (model 1), and Dreamcast were pretty cool looking machines.
smile.gif

:agree

That makes a whole lot of sense. Also I don't see how the XBox is not an appealing looking machine. It reminds me of the Atari 2600, it's got this weird retro look, that I like. Well... I'm looking at it right now, and I guess it's the big green thing that kills it.

im thinking more along the lines of sega being partners with MS or are still doing thier own thing with MS 's name and money

because of all the coincidences I see -- it makes me think sega tried to revamp thier idea of the alternate version of the dreamcast by going to MS (or vice versa since MS worked with them on the dreamcast) offering them this and this for MS's money and umbrella - while t the same time being able to downsize and sort of start over and put out games on all the competeing systems

if you look at it the xbox sort of offers what the dreamcast was suposed to (especialy if you look at the alternate version of the dreamcast) but souped up

i would think that if sega didnt have a big stake in the xbox then they would have mabey made a arcade system where games could be more easily ported to the sony system because sony is the most profitable and popular right now

i think the look most likey came from MS

i dont get the big deal about the freakin size - the genesis with the model 1 sega cd and 32x is bigger also the saturn is almost the same size - people should be used to it

The difference being this is 2003, and the Saturn was made back in 95/96, and the Genesis was made in late 80s/early 90s. Shape says a lot about the machine. For instance, even the GC isn't solely a kiddie unit, many people got that impression from looking at it.

I didn't miss your point about Xbox only games. But at the same time, there are also several PS2 only games by Sega, like Gungrave and Shinobi. And a large number of Sega's games, at least this year, are to be on the PS2.

yea i am aware of that --

thats what i mean about still being able to release games on other systems--

because sega looks more like a software developer now -

but if they are in cahoots with MS i would think they are counting on huger profits from that area

thats why they went ahead and made an arcade system based on the xbox

- for near perfect ports on the system they have a hook in

Supposedy since the three consoles current consoles came out Sega divided their development teams amongst the systems according to the things they were wanting to produce. For example, Sonic Team, Amusement Vision and AM2 were 'assigned' to the GC (VF4 is the exception since the GC and Xbox weren't out when it was ready for release) which is why Sonic, Beach Spikers, Super Monkey Ball etc. are GC exclusives, with Virtua Fighter Quest to come. I remember seeing a chart of how Sega split up their houses somewhere, I'll have to go look for it.

Of course, Sega announced a while back that they might make some franchises multi-format to increase revenue, so this might not strictly be true anymore, but it does suggest that these conspiracy theories can only be false.

ok onto the whole what the consoles look like.

The GC is deseigned to appeal to the younger ppl.

The PS2 is just ugly never liked the way it looked.

The Xbox is built to look like a block of power big and mean.

So honestly quite yer bitchin about its looks. and really the PS2 with all its addon's is bigger than the Box. :cheers

Well lets look at some of Sega´s Releases:

GC:

-Sonic Adventure DX

-Skies of Arcadia Legends

-Sonic Mega Collection

-PSO Episode I & II

PS2:

-Shinobi

X-Box:

-Panzer Dragoon Orta

-Sega GT 2002

-House of the Dead III

Each console as a bit of Sega but X-Box does have the most popular line up of titles at the time and yes it makes me wonder lets wait for next releases to really see what´s Sega thinking
wink.gif

what are you trying to say racketboy? i dont get it

if this is what your thinking - i never said MS owns sega

and pso 1and 2 is on the xbox too also the matrix style virtua cop 3 is comming out on the xbox and dosent ps2 have more than just shinobi

and why do people keep bringing up conspiracy ? if i made it look like that - that wasnt my intention - i was just trying to list a bunch of facts that seemed to me that sega has a stake in the xbox

I think there are about the same number of releases for the three systems from SEGA. And witch are better is just a matter of taste. And I don't think SEGA goes "Oh, this game we just created was pure crap, let's release it for the PS2 or GC, and save the good games for the Xbox".

I've also heard that they were planning on releasing most of their games for all three formats, to maximize profit. Shenmue II for instance hasn't sold as much as they'd hoped for. I even heard rumours that it won't be a Shenmue III. :bs ?

PS2 has more than just Shinobi. Virtua Tennis 2 (Sega Sports Tennis) is the only one I can think of now (that is PS2-exclusive, that is if you pretend there weren't a dreamcast release of the game.
wink.gif
) and they are giving releases of updated games Phantasy Star 1 (2,3,4 will surely follow).

And about the console appereances; so kids like small consoles?
biggrin.gif

The Xbox looks big and mean because they couldn't make it smaller. But there is (rumour again) a new smaller version comming. The good thing about PS2 and GC is that you don't have any trouble owning both, with the Xbox taking way to much room to be fitted. That will be my problem once there are some REALLY great games released for the Xbox.

and really the PS2 with all its addon's is bigger than the Box.

What addons is that? Harddrive can be fit internaly (I'm never gone get me one though) and ethernet (or whatever it is) is about an inch on the back of the console.

Back