Sega and Sony's new portable

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member

Apparently Sega has 3 titles lined up for the release of Sony's upcoming portable gaming system. No news as to what those games will be though. Your guess is as good as mine.

Imagine handheld NiGHTS. It would be possible on PSP(providing Sony haven't overhyped the machines capabilities)

Ah, yeah, I was refering to the NiGHTS score attack. And the link that antime posted was where I saw it/ read about it.

It's not quite the same as a true handheld Nights however, the GBA one only had one level, was strictly 2D, and was basically a score attack. Still an impressive mini-game however.

Speaking of handheld Nights, I can't recall, but I don't think the PSP has any type of analog input, correct? I wouldn't really want to play Nights on a digital pad.

Sony has always said it has an anolog stick, but there didn't seem to be one on that concept drawing. It may well be in the middle of the D-pad and 'pop-up' when it's needed, which would be logical to save space on a handheld. To make a console designed for 3D without analog input would be a mistake of almost Sega-like proportions 😉

I actually prefer most 3D games with the digital pad. NiGHTS and Ecco: DotF I play with the analog though..

Maybe it'll just be analog in the sameway the dualshock2's buttons are, ie not very. I'm with you though CrazyGoon, I tend to use the pad for most stuff, especially racing games, oddly enough.

Back