Sega Brings Classic Games to PC!

Just trying this thing out now. It's not bad either. Im only trying the demos but so far i like what i see.

Sonic 1 seems a bit choppy when running on full screen for whatever reason, but looks nice and runs great windowed. Great sound from this thing too. The demo for it runs for about 60mins which i think is enough time to even pass the game.
smile.gif

Games that are coming soon are...

Vectorman

This humble robot-turned-hero can clean up a mess and save humanity at the same time.

Virtua Fighter 2

Eight of the world’s toughest fighters clash in the game that brought arcade fighting home to the SEGA Genesis.

Phantasy Star II

Go back to the roots of Sega’s legendary RPG series and discover the immersive world that made it great.

ToeJam & Earl

Yo yo – check it out! The funky alien duo is back to get you groovin’ to their hip-hop rhythms.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Take a trip back to the time when Sonic meets his best buddy Tails.

Shinobi III

It’s about style – ninja style. SEGA Classics puts you back in the stealthy shoes of legendary ninja hero Shinobi.

SEGA!
cool.gif

too litle too late. something like this on the dc (in conjunction with the smash pack maybe; if they actually finished the smash pack!) would have been great.

but now it is just a SHAMELESS attempt to exploit sega's days of yore; their wonder years!

sorry sega, your buisness practices were just one abomination after another and you will never regain your splender (splendor?)!

i will always love your games, but you screwed up!

boycott sega now!

boycott meaning do not buy new sega products, buy used! no liscensing fees for sega that way.

wasn't the smash pack finnished - i almost purchased it from toys r us

-- what do you mean about sega's buisness practices? nintendo was far far worse - same with sony

i think sega is doing very strongly now - arent most of thier games top sellers -- i still hope to see another system but i doubt it will happen

Originally posted by googlefest1@Nov. 19 2002, 7:01 am

wasn't the smash pack finnished - i almost purchased it from toys r us

Yeah. I'm sure he/she means the emulator used to emulate the games. The sound is awful.

Originally posted by Capt Trips@Nov. 19 2002, 12:43 am

too litle too late. something like this on the dc (in conjunction with the smash pack maybe; if they actually finished the smash pack!) would have been great.

There is a similar (pay-) service for the dreamcast, but only in japan.

it´s called "dreamlibrary" - the newest japanese browser has a built-in genesis emulator (dreampassport 3) and a few demo-roms
smile.gif

Originally posted by Capt Trips@Nov. 19 2002, 12:43 am

sorry sega, your buisness practices were just one abomination after another and you will never regain your splender (splendor?)!

i will always love your games, but you screwed up!

boycott sega now!

boycott meaning do not buy new sega products, buy used! no liscensing fees for sega that way.

why are you here, dude?

I think most of us here love Sega.

I want to buy their new stuff (once I get a newer system) so I can support them releasing new innovative games.

I'm not going to buy these PC ports cause I already own the original console releases, but their arcade games rule and all their new console stuff looks mighty tasty.

Back