• Rise from your gwave!

Sega CD emu

Discussion in 'Genesis/Mega Drive' started by Machucado, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Machucado

Machucado New Member

Is possible create a emu to run genesis roms in sega cd ?

2. IceDigger

IceDigger Founder Staff Member

READ

THE

FUCKING

SUBTITLE

OF

THE

GENESIS

FORUM

3. Curtis

Curtis Member

Breath deep, Arakon...in...out...in...out...

:biggrin:

4. RadSil

RadSil New Member

Yes. Lots of people aren't very smart.

5. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

ooh ooh is he going to be banned now???

6. MasterAkumaMatata

MasterAkumaMatata Staff Member

Actually, I thought Machucado was quite clever to post in this Sega CD forum instead of the Genesis forum, but that got backfired, didn't it?

7. SdshwCecil

SdshwCecil New Member

Why would this question even need to be asked? Since the Sega CD would have a Genesis with a cart slot for games. Its like saying I need a Dreamcast emulator for my dreamcast.

8. Shinji

Shinji New Member

He wants to play roms in the SegaCD, so I don't think he has the carts where they're from.

9. Curtis

Curtis Member

...so it's more like asking for a VMU emulator for dreamcast.

10. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

or asking if you can download a cdimage of a dc game onto the dc using the modem/bba

and the same sort of problem, the dc/mega cd hasnt got anywhere to put such a file

11. Hollywood Hasney

Hollywood Hasney New Member

Hmmm, I see no homebrew dev on Sega CD so it would be unlikly... Did Sega relase the libs for the genesis/Sega CD like they did with the Saturn?

It would take a coding genius with waaaaay too much time on their hands to fool the Mega Drive into thinking that a ROM loaded from a CD into RAM (or RAM cart more than likely) was actually the cartridge slot....

So take that as a no then ;)

and on another note, a VMU emulator for DC IS being developed for anyone interested ;)

(Edited by Hollywood Hasney at 9:24 pm on Dec. 26, 2001)

12. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

the coding isnt really worth the effort, either, since the flash carts are available for just about any system, including megadrive/genesis

13. Curtis

Curtis Member

hehe - all we need now is for someone to suggest "streaming" the roms from CD, and we'll have a full blown N64 emu fake :)

14. Hollywood Hasney

Hollywood Hasney New Member

Heh, to answer my own question about the libs for Sega CD being available, they are not because thier were none. It's all low-level coding like the Mega Drive :)