Sega CD emus?

B

BigDAlcala

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has the know how to produce an emulator that works on a Sega CD. Emus have been made for Dreamcast (NesterDC) and I don't think there should be any reason why emus can't be made for Sega CD...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
:woah:

What a great dream you have ! lol
biggrin.gif

That's impossible...The Genesis/SegaCD's hardware can't allow us this ! (Not enough powerful)

And anyway, We haven't got enough informations on SegaCD development...

What would be a really great idea... is to make a RAM Cart that you plug into the genesis... then make a SegaCD Program.. and burn it to a CD with all the Genesis roms... then with the program... you can transfers all the roms from the CD to the RAM Cart.... I know this has also been talked about.. this would be the cheapest way to play Genesis roms.. I just wish I knew how to do this stuff.... but I think it would be a cheapest way of doing things.... also I know this was talked about before... but I can't remember if they said it was possible or not....

Originally posted by Genesis Forum@today,just now

There is NO WAY to play genesis ROMs on SCD, DON'T ask.

Arakon likes to respond to things like this.
devil.gif

Well I didn't say anything about playing Genesis ROM on a SegaCD... I was just saying to use the SegaCD CD Drive to load the roms onto a RAM Cart.. this way you have access to alot of roms... but don't have to use your PC to transfer the ROMS to the CART... just use the SegaCD... I don't see why it wouldn't work... and the reason I beleive this... it that if you think about the SegaCD 32X games... they can use the 32X which is pluged into the genesis cartridge port... so my could we transfer the roms from the SegaCD to a RAM CART

no way.

when the SCD is active, the memory map is changed and there's no way to run any genesis program anymore.

as for the ram cart, it'd still be much easier and faster to make a ram cart that is programmed at the PC (i.e. over printer port) than on the scd.

A few years back someone was touting a SegaCD boot cd type setup that would allow you to load Genesis roms. Somehow they disappeared quickly off the face of the earth, my thought is that they realised just how impossible that was and hadn't done the research before announcing they were going to sell it.

A few years back someone was touting a SegaCD boot cd type setup that would allow you to load Genesis roms. Somehow they disappeared quickly off the face of the earth, my thought is that they realised just how impossible that was and hadn't done the research before announcing they were going to sell it.

You're probably right on that one. Although it would be cool to have that, seems logical, but when you look at everything there would never be a way to get something like that running.

Back