Sega CD Model Questions

Basically I want to get a Sega CD Model 1 and use it with my Genny model 2, will this work ok or will I need some other parts to make the connections? Secondly do I need to connect anything from the SCD to get sound or can I get sound and video through the genny av out still?

The one im looking at does not have a power cord, but Im pretty sure I can use any generic one so long as it is the right voltage and such, what are the specs for a SCD model 1 AC adapter?

Also one last question is the model 1 more relialble than the model 2 SCD? It seems to be the more sought after version.

Nothing special needed.

I had that setup for quite a while

I liked the Model 1 much better than Model 2 for multiple reasons.

I felt guilty after I sold it and got a model 2. I only got the model 2 for cosmetic reasons

Ok, I read that the model 1 SCD doesnt work with the Model 2 genny and I didnt think that was right.

The model 2 genny is smaller so it will look a bit odd I suppose.

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Sun, 2005-05-08 @ 09:44 PM

...it will look a bit odd I suppose.

[post=133795]Quoted post[/post]​

That's the only problem with doing that.

Why not track down a Genesis model 1 to use with it? They are really cheap. I bought one along with a 32x for only $15.

I've "read" there may be problems with stereo sound. But when I had this connection I didn't notice any problems with the sound.

But definately get the model 1 Sega CD... much easier to fix if it breaks, and it doesn't take up as much space.

yeah, it is.

The scd model 2 is more delecate, but still a good system.

Look at

here

see what you can find about the power source and such. Hope it helps.

Back