Sega CD movie player

hey... just a thought.... seeing how SegaCD can play fmv video, you think you can play videos like DivX or mpg or whatever on it too? (Well, maybe you'd have to convert it to some kind of format first of course...) I know you'd get bad quality... but just curious anyhoo.. :)

hey... just a thought.... seeing how SegaCD can play fmv video, you think you can play videos like DivX or mpg or whatever on it too? (Well, maybe you'd have to convert it to some kind of format first of course...) I know you'd get bad quality... but just curious anyhoo.. :)
DivX is stretching it a lot and MPEG is stretching it a bit; even the Saturn, with more RAM and CPU power than the SegaCD, needs an add-on card to play VCD (i.e., MPEG)

even dreamcast has ALOT of difficulty playing divx at all.

besides, segacd movies are limited to 64 colors.. would you really want to watch a movie in that quality?

not totally, like i said in my first post, i'm just curious as to whether this is possible. Also in my first post, i said i know you might have to convert the video to some kind of Sega CD format...

I dont actually know the system requirements, my machine at home is 700mhz, and my laptop at work is 1ghz, so I dont have anything to really test with, all I can say is try it. The original dos C version ran perfect on a 486, so I would say any respectful pentium + should be able to run it.

Back