Sega CD not working

i just got a sega cd, and i have it hooked into my genesis II, and it always is dead. I dont know what the "Mixer" port is, and im using an unofficial power adaptor, but its still fits and 9V. so the symtom is that it just sits there and doesnt turn on. what gives?

Try loosening the connection between the sega cd and teh genesis system, I do the same thing because it may be a proglem wit the contacts. I'm sure after you do that it will work. Just keep doing it until the cd unit powers on, it takes a second.

Did you keep moving the genesis around when its connected? i mean shove the genesis all the way int othe scd, then power it on, if nothing happens take it out just a bit then power the unit back on. Do you even get the splash screen from the sega cd?

nope. i have the black screen since its reading no game, and when i move it around like you said i get a sound equivelent to how much i move it on the TV speakers. do i need to use an offical sega power unit?

Curtis is probably right, if you have used the moving around trick, the fuse is probably blown or you have just aquired a bum sega cd unit.

the power supply has to be strong enough.. 9-10 V and 1.2 A. you should use an official sega one, for a model 1 genesis or segacd.

Quote: from Burpethead on 6:45 pm on Feb. 4, 2002

nope. i have the black screen since its reading no game, and when i move it around like you said i get a sound equivelent to how much i move it on the TV speakers. do i need to use an offical sega power unit?

You *may* need to use an official power supply. If the supply is rated at less than 10v 1.2Amp (the 10v is less important) you may run into some trouble. Does it get hot when you use it? Also the polarity of the pins of the plug maybe incorrect. If it is one of those power adapters with the changable ends, try reversing the plug, so that the pins fit in the socket the other way around.

lol well i used a 12V that fitted, and it didnt work. the guy off ebay didnt give me a power adaptor for some reason, so is anyone willing to sell? {:eek:)

Well that may have blown the fuse (and hopefully nothing else) for ya. It SCD runs off 10v, not 12v....

duhhhh...Durham, NC. next to raliegh. i know its a model II sega genises, and i guess a model II sega cd, the genises goes into its side.

If you need an AC adapter, go and look for a "universal" adapter with switchable voltages, polarity, and many different sizes of plugs... very useful. Should work on a Sega CD...

Back