Sega consoles edge connector specs

Hello!

i'm looking for technical info on the several edge connector (where you plug the cartridge) for the

- Genny (2*32pin, xx mm)

- Saturn

- SMS

- GG

such as number of pins, space, size

and if someone know where i can buy replacement parts...

thanks

Kaneda

The genny is a 64-pin (32x2 rows) with contacts on 0.1" centers. This spacing is extremely common, but the 32x2 configuration is actually relatively tough to get. As far as I know, EDAC and 3M Interconnect make them in various mounting/plating styles, but I'm not sure who distributes those products.

The SMS is 0.1" just like Genny, but 2x25 instead of 2x32.

The Saturn is a real oddball, and I suspect that the connector is custom. From memory (probably some errors, my notes are on my computer, which is packed up at the moment), the contacts are on 1mm centers, and the connector is effectively two connectors, with a 36-position region and a 31-position region, with two rows (134 pins total). There is a keying notch that IIRC corresponds to 4 or 5 pins, should be easy to measure with a standard ruler since the pins are on 1mm centers. It might be possible to replicate this configuration by combining a more typical 1mm-center slot with keying plugs. Companies to check would be Hirose, AMP, 3M Interconnect, and EDAC.

The GG is a connector configuration that I know little about in terms of availability. IIRC, it is set up as two rows, but on the same side of the PCB. The rows are staggered so that the centers of one row line up with the spaces between the centers of the other row. There are 45 pins total (the row closest to the edge of the PCB has an additional pin), and it looks like 0.1" centers from a picture I see, but it's hard to tell.

Hope this helps.

yes! thanks!

it's all what i need...

and just to be sure, the connector of the genny to plug the SegaCD is a 2x30 with 0.1mm too ?

Kaneda

Back