Sega Cyber DIsk Saturn Emulator

Originally posted by Eke@Apr 9, 2003 @ 01:45 PM

wow ... big big thanks Flakvin for this link :cheers

sorry Jonny but the link from Gavionne seems to be dead since yesterday and I think a lot of people like me were very upset for missing it
blush.gif

so ... download is over ... read the instructions .... 3 ... 2.... 1 ... let's show begin
smile.gif

->jurai: try to download again, it worked for me

i blame the fact that the site it is on is some slow shit 28k russian vomit pos, someone put this on a site that aint ass

This is going to make me really unpopular...

There will be no more links to the hacked emulator.

Talk about it if you like and you can pass it around privately, but not on any of the forums.

We don't want any trouble from Sega over this.

If I read correctly, they said the emulator is a free downlaod but the games need to be downloaded and paid for on a monthly basis? I dont suppose if you have original saturn cds then they would work eh?

You can easily get the emulator for free by downloading one of the demo games from cyberdisc's site. So I guess in that way, the emulator is really free. But, you still have to break the image protection and extract the emulator, and I imagine that might fall under a dmca violation.

Hmm. Interesting. For one thing, of course, many don't even recognize the DMCA as a valid law since it's much too broad. That said, Japan doesn't even have any such law AFAIK.

But on another note, you talk of breaking the emulator's image protection etc.... as I understand it, that protection is only there to ensure you do indeed download the games and pay for them. But if you already OWN ORIGINAL COPIES of these same games ("backups" aside here for a moment), then wouldn't that be perfectly legal as well? Seems like one heck of a grey area there. I'm thinking that the only real illegality any of us are committing is importing this emu and using it outside of Japan, without the consent of its owners...

I'd like to keep actual 'hacking' discussion to a minimum, but talking about how to use it should be OK.

I just have one problem....

I CAN´T Create that damn to.bin file and I´m tired of asking for help on this problem.

I have made the images from Megaman X3 AND Shining Force 3 Scn1.

mmx3.bin & mmx3.cue and shf3.bin shf3.cue

I use the DOS Command and type the fullpath, while the end of it is

gentoc shf3.cue or mmx3.cue.

It says it adds a hack to base.ini or something like that but then it says:

Unable to open the shf3.cue
sleep.gif

I´m tired of all this.

Could you guys give me a little of hope on how to make this work?

It seems I´m the only person with this damn problem >_<

I´m using WinXP btw. Need more information?

HELP

Yes, using DOS.

And my cue file is just "nights.cue"

Shit >_< Am I the only one with this fucking problem!?

Originally posted by azel_revalution@Apr 16, 2003 @ 08:37 AM

You need to have the full path extention before the "*.cue"

and the bin file in the same directory

ex: In dos prompt put- C:\girigiri\gentoc -b c:\girigiri\shf3.cue

Also once it is created you'll have to edit the "base.ini"

add this in if it is not there yet

USERDIR=profiles\saturn

AREA=1

If that is not the region of the image then change it to proper regon

also you'll have to change the DISK1IMAGE path extention

like this

DISK1IMG=.\SHF3.BIN

So in the end it should look like this

[BASEINFO]

USERDIR=profiles\saturn

AREA=1

DISK1TOC=.\TOC.BIN

DISK1IMG=.\SHF3.BIN

If the toc.bin and base.ini files are not in the giri giri directory

look under

C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR USER ACOUNT"

they should be there.

Some chinese sites where saying adding the newest saturn bios improves things, Idunno if it true?

huh.gif
UNKO
huh.gif

I have done that too.

It doesn´t mattter any more because I have downloaded gloader from emudek.org and it did work.

Now has anyone tried SHF3 Premium Disk?

When I go to select a mode I want in the game it appear bugs on the screen, like it was freezing...

Hmmm is there a way to convert/burn an ISO TO a BIN and a CUE File?

Back