Sega Gameplay Video Archive/Collection

racketboy

Established Member
Ok -- here's an idea:

I was thinking it would be cool if we could collect a bunch of video clips of gameplay from our favorite Sega games and eventually make an archive/collection that could be put together on a DVD compilation. Individual clips could also be downloaded from somewhere (SX Server, FTP, Direct Connect).

We could gather clips by doing the following:

Directly capture play onto a PC via video-in

Record gameplay onto VHS and then capture the VHS into PC (I could do transfering once I get my new PC)

Find existing quality clips on the net. (would need to be good quality in MPEG format)

I would be real cool if we could make catelog-type DVDs for different systems.

It would be cool to show friends when they come over and they don't have a clue about which game they want to play.

So do you think I'm just dreaming or do you thinks this is a possibility if a few of us work together (would take quite a bit of time too)?

I think thats a good idea.... I really do have trouble finding footage of games, on the net, I am thinking of buying. I always like to see the game running, through video footage, before I buy.

So, yeah.. A good idea
biggrin.gif

:cheers

IF i can find it....i have one of me playing sonic 2 completing the Death Egg in under 60 seconds (not easy at first!)
wink.gif

For now I'll take whatever I can get

If we have one that is more authentic, we'll get rid of the lower quality stuff.

If you are willing to help out, please lemme know on this thread.

I'd like to get stuff orgazined and get started if we have enough to work with.

The best way is if we have at least a few people that can record themselves playing.

Then I can get lists made of who has what games and so forth.

I have a few clips of some 2D fighter combos of games from the DC

not the highest quality, but watchable on the TV

Like I said, once I get my computer this summer, I can start recording a bunch of crap.

Also look around on demo disks that you might have. I don't want a bunch of CGI movies though -- I want mostly gameplay.

I have some Saturn and a bunch of DC disks.

Unfortunately I'm guessing the DC ones are in GDROM format so I don't think I could rip them.

BTW, clips will probably only be 1-2 minutes so we can fit numerous games on one disc.

Maybe the really good games can get more than that.

With the new server we can do that
biggrin.gif

1 to 2 min per game sounds good. And we can have like one disk/section for each system or something like that.

Good idea... I would love to have a catalog of every saturn game so I could view it before I "go buy it" or play it
wink.gif

might be quite a while before we have "every" game.

Sucky games will be a very low priority.

I at least want to have "the classics" and some other fan favorites.

Remember we're talking Genesis, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast, and maybe even SMS & Game Gear

Pico might be pushing it though.

So anyway, after all those, that's gonna me a lot of GBs of space.

I'm thinking it would be cool that after we get a nice collection, I can put together a nice DVD with catagorized menus and cool graphics plus a case and everything that all the die-hard SX members can buy to support the site
smile.gif

Once PC and DVD-R prices come down and software advances, it'll be even easier.

I doubt we will ever get every game. If we can get some pico up that would be really cool. I don't think many people have seen a pico in action.
wink.gif

What about Vid clips from sites like 'Gamespot' that have their logo in the corner.... Will those be accepted, or will there be problems with those??

:huh

umm... if they are good quality, we can take them for now.

I don't think they would mind as long as we keep the logo on them.

If we get a vid of the same game later on, we'll just replace it.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jun 5, 2003 @ 09:08 PM

I doubt we will ever get every game. If we can get some pico up that would be really cool. I don't think many people have seen a pico in action.
wink.gif

true.......

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jun 5, 2003 @ 08:52 PM

With the new server we can do that
biggrin.gif

1 to 2 min per game sounds good. And we can have like one disk/section for each system or something like that.

BTW, when I say 1-2 mins, I mean edited time.

You all can record more than that and then we can edit it down to the best parts.

I wouldn't want just 2 min solid of Sonic running.

another thought for distribution:

after we get a bunch, I can encode them to DivX and have them sent as a bundle on a fast connection or send them a CD to any FTP owners that are interested.

I'm about to get a new, fast computer... though I'll have to look for a video capture card or something similar as well. But I'd be very happy to help, and contribute gameplay from my Saturn and Dreamcast collection
smile.gif

In fact, nobody's mentioned the DC yet, would that be OK to make captures of as well, Iceman?

I'm dreaming of a very cool "best-of" video clip from my favorite racing game, VANISHING POINT...

MWUHAHAHA :devil

right now I'm compileing a list of games that would be our "top priorities" and everybody can volunteer to record certain games so we don't have duplication of efforts.

Sound good?

Back