Sega Genesis Model 1 Region + Overclock Mods

I googled for it and couldn't find any information. I also checked gamesx, which didn't have any information besides saying its possible and the information is all over, yet I can't seem to find it. Anyway, does anyone have any links to do modification?

I am also looking for information regarding overclocking the Sega Genesis Model 1. There was information about this online months ago, but its gone now. I am sure someone has to have a copy of it. Let me know!

BTW, can a moderator change the title of this topic to "Sega Genesis Model 1 Region Mod + Overclock"

Thanks.

I have a better guide that is a pdf, it shows pics and fully explains how the mod is done, best one yet model 1 region mod it works great and counts for all model 1 genesis wether it is us or another country which would b e mega drive. It works great and used it to do my mod.

First, Gamefaqs doesn't allow for offsite linking. Second, I'm also looking for the overclocking mod. Shame the original site went down.

Overclocking site is back up, APE. Though I could have just told you in #consolevision, but I am already viewing this thread. Anyway, I talked to the owner of the site and he said his host shut his site down becuase it got too many hits even though he had an unlimited bandwidth plan.

REPLACEMENT OF THE EXISTING COMPONENTS WITH FASTER VERSIONS, not overclocking of the existing equipment.

so overclocking is just the word being used here. i was beginning to wonder what the hell...

No, from what I can tell you would be feeding the stock 68000 a faster clock signal from somewhere else in the MD.

The site that they link to refers to speeding up a MD by replacing some components.

Yeah, they're talking about OCing the Hitachi/Motorola (mostly Hitachi since they're the newer CMOS parts) 68Ks... from what the page says it sounds like the Philips/Signetics ones they used aren't so great, too bad that's what my Genesis has. Of course, a new 68HC000FN20 only costs about $15, and that's without hitting surplus shops that probably have it cheaper or ripping it off of dead Macintosh motherboards and the like.

Back