Sega Mag #1

I have the offical sega magazine number 1, is it rare? How much is it worth?

Heres a couple of Pictures:

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

Heh, I love that tagline.. 'better than Street Fighter II'... man, EC was soooo hyped up before it was released. Not that it's a bad game (well okay, the single player kind of sucks), but I don't think anyone in their right mind would make a claim like that now.

I seem to remember the EC commercial. Of the box hopping around eating things. Maybe it was a different game :). But yeah, scan it :D. Great to preserve that information to remind us of the happenings, attitutes and technology of that time.

I have a ton of mags that I will be scanning in soon, we should have a section for magazine scans .... maybe.... just a thought.

I think we probably will have a mag section.

I've already given my first mag "release" to Ice.

Still waiting to hear back about a download link for you all.

Again let me mention that I am in need of some volunteers to scan some magazines for me since I have way more than I can scan before I move.

Contact me if interested.

Hi sorry to bring this back up but if a scan was completed of this mag I'd very much appreciate it if you'd like me :) I'm looking for Sega Magazine issues all over the planet, sadly to no avail! :(

I'm new to this forum so hello everyone! :)

I have a pile of magazines from Australia, UK, and USA. They were from the early 90s. Not sure if I could be bothered scanning them all in though.

Originally posted by racketboy@Mon, 2004-06-28 @ 05:19 PM

I think we probably will have a mag section.

I've already given my first mag "release" to Ice.

Still waiting to hear back about a download link for you all.

[post=109661]Quoted post[/post]​

*Nudges racket* :p

Looking forward to those Visions.

I have a bunch of Sega Visions mags...but not sure if its worth scanning all of them....if I knew a lot of people would DL the PDF of it...then I'd be willing to scan them in.

Please tell me how many Sega Magazine (UK) issues you have. I'm willing to pay to have them scanned! I'm not kidding.. We should start an initiative to save all old magazines scanned and archived somewhere. paper and ink can only last for so long.

Originally posted by vice86@Wed, 2006-03-01 @ 12:12 AM

I have a bunch of Sega Visions mags...but not sure if its worth scanning all of them....if I knew a lot of people would DL the PDF of it...then I'd be willing to scan them in.

[post=144796]Quoted post[/post]​

If you're looking to get rid of them all if/after you scan them, I'll gladly take them.

*Nudges racket again* :p

I have various issues of Mean Machines Sega, Sega Force, and Sega Power from the UK. Is that the kind of thing you are interested in?

Originally posted by RolfWrenWalsh@Wed, 2006-03-01 @ 03:23 PM

If you're looking to get rid of them all if/after you scan them, I'll gladly take them.

*Nudges racket again* :p

[post=144809]Quoted post[/post]​

lol...i'll end up keeping them...always something cool to look at after all these years. I have 3 of the premier issues, but like a doof, i seemed to have cut out a coupon for Time Out arcade from all 3 of them..they were part of page 2...so now 1/4 of page 1 and 2 is gone....DOH!

I got a nice stack of GamePro, Players, some Sega Genesis/MD only mag and EGM from the early to mid 90's too.

I have a ton of old game fan and game pro's, some old egm and game informer, and official dc mags. Got some new ones too of various things.

In Australia we had an official Sega mag called 'The New Reality'. I don't think it lasted for very long. I think I may have all the issues.

Back