Sega News

I think that going on a buying spree just after ridding themselves of the hardware part is dumb, especially if they go after some behemoth like Infogrames. However, if they do buy Infogrames it'll mean that they'll also own what's left of Atari, which I find kind of ironic. On the upside, this also means there would be a chance of seeing Tempest 3000 on some other hardware than the Nuon.

I don't see this as being too far out there, Sega is a software company now, so what do they need? More software! Infogrames has a long history of great software so it wouldn't exactly look like Sega was buying Bobs Outdoor Gaming Company.

Durrrrr... maybe they can buy Sony DURRRRR...

Now that the dumb comments are over, realistically I'd say:

TO BUY

Sunsoft (<-- please god let it happen)

Asmik

Infogrames

Assder

Data East

Telenet

Irem (<-- will never happen)

HAL

Culture Brain

Ubi Soft

Toaplan

Masaya (whatever is left of it since NEC doesn't want it anymore)

Animation Magic

Kemco

Nova Logic

TO *NOT* BUY

Eidos (<-- dumbest purchase of the century)

Ocean

Ljn

Copysoft

Domark

Pony Cannon

Acclaim

Flying Edge

Activision

Probe

Arena Entertainment

FCI

Visit

Psygnosis

Gee Whiz! Entertainment

THQ

NCADI

Face

Ocean no longer exists. It got swallowed up by Infogrames.
sad.gif

Yeah, they went a bit shit in the 90's. Ocean were great in the 80's though, releasing some classics on the C64, as Ocean and also with the Imagine label.

Terra Cresta

Wizball

Miami Vice

Green Beret

Mikie

Arkanoid

Robocop (they also developed the arcade version for Data East)

Parallax

Hyper Sports

Renegade

Who the hell would want to own Falcom. First off Falcom makes mad cash off the Falcom records label. All their music makes them more $$$ than their games. Secondly, the last really sucessful game they had was in 1994. Everything since then has just been endless rehashes of the same games over and over and over again. Yet again I have to side with victor ireland (this is becoming distrubingly frequent lately) when he said "We'd love to bring over some new Falcom games. Falcom just has to make some new games." Zwei, most Vantage Master titles, Lord Monarch, etc were total crap. The only really kickass stuff they've done was Brandish) cult hit), Eiyuu Densetsu, Ys, and Xanadu. Everything else has just been trash attempts or games they bought from other people to publish (Rhapsody of Zephyr).

Falcom wouldn't bve remotely worth the cost to buy. That is as feasible as Sega buying Nintendo or the RARE division.

I would have hoped to see Sega pick up on SOFTMAX but apparantly someone has already secured publishing rights for SOFTMAX games.

A good stop for them would be DYNASTY. They make some killer PC RPG's and it's not tha tbig of a piblisher.

its too bad technosoft is not still around, they would have to buy it if it was.. Since when are they in a position to purchase other publishers? Dont they have debt literally coming out of their asses?

Why not just beef up its AM divisions, but giving them more funds and perhaps extra employees or something.. jeezus sega, dont make bad decisions like our old friend nintendo

How about buying Camelot Software Planning, as they did all the Shining (and Golden Sun) games? I don't think they belong to Sega yet.

Back