Sega Profits Soar

Cloud121

Established Member
From GameSpot:

Sega has today reported strong figures for the first fiscal half of 2003, with net profits of 5.9 billion yen (US$54 million) for the April-September period, up from 1 billion yen (US$9.2 million) for the same period last year. Sega's actual sales for the period dipped from 93.47 billion yen (US$860 million) from 95 billion yen (US$873 million) a year ago.

How much do you think Sega would have to make if they were to consider entering the hardware market again?

Sounds like Sega is on track :cool:

hmm.. last I checked SEGA was at least 6-700 million dollars in debt, so this is good news to hear. But since their overall software sales went down it looks more like it has come down to smart management :huh, and the cheapo games like the port-tasic SADX and VF4:Evo. But I don't think we'll be seeing another SEGA console in this decade.

But next year should be interesting...

It is great to hear that Sega is doing so well in the arcades! Hopefully, they will ressurect themselves into the home console market once again and call the project "Dream Rennaissance!" :D

Sega rocks in the arcades.

I have to admit though, their recent console game quality, overall, isn't quite as good

Wow.. would be nice to see some of those profits coming from software sales, but it's still good to see the arcade division pulling it's own weight, and then some. But I do have to agree, SEGA hasn't exactly been offering it's absolute best when it comes to software this year with the exception of a few games(vf4 and the espn games specifically), Billy Hatcher was a novel idea, but I don't think SEGA gave Sonic Team near enough time to polish it into the title that it had the potential to be. I know deadlines are important and all, but a good game will sell no matter what time of year it is, but noone is going to want to buy a buggy game with camera problems. That's why I've always like ID's approach to making a game, if I may quote John Carmack on when Doom 3 will be completed, "It'll be finished when it's done."

Back