15.4 KB · Views: 125
  • logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 97
Originally posted by Des-ROW@May 31, 2004 @ 11:02 PM

Artemio, I love you.

I am your biggest fan!

Yeah, awesome site.

I don't like the visual style of the new logo. It's too much like Sammy's old logo. They should have done it in the classic Sega font, in green.

I'm hoping it'll just be used for company memos and other such documents.

Actually, I think it would make sense for them business-wise to keep the Sega name and logo all together.

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Jun 1, 2004 @ 04:58 AM

I'm hoping it'll just be used for company memos and other such documents.

Actually, I think it would make sense for them business-wise to keep the Sega name and logo all together.

One can only hope, as that logo is suck.

I suspect that Resident Lurker's hopes are accurate.

I'm not certain or anything, but I doubt that we'll be seeing this logo on any actual games. I mean, didn't Sega used to be owned by CSK (or some other three-letter acronym)? I don't remember seeing any CSK logos on any Sega games I've played... But then, I could be wrong about that too.

Personally, I don't think the logo is so hideous. However, it certainly doesn't arouse within my being a lust for gaming the way the Sega logo does.

Honestly, I like it. Clean. Curvy. Reminds me of the Saturn logo.

My bet is that we'll be "treated" to three company screens, one for each of the above logos. Or at least two, Sega-Sammy and the classic Sega.

I would guess Sega games will carry the Sega and Sammy Sega Holding logos. And Sammy products will carry the Sammy and Sammy Sega holding logos. That would be the logical course.

A ton of people seem to dislike this logo. Honestly, I think it's pretty slick. I doubt it would ever replace the Sega logo in full, as I'm sure Sammy wants to keep the Sega name. But the new logo certainly isn't the eyesore many people make it out to be. I've seen some stupid ass logos in my day, and this ain't one of them (though non really come to mind right now...)

I don't mind the actual shape of the logo itself, it's just the gradient that bugs me. If they either made it solid colors, toned it down, or gave it a more realistic/rendered shaded appearance, I wouldn't mind so much. In particular, that white line in the middle violates my aesthetic sense. If the logo is designed as transparent, I bet putting it on a black background in lieu of the white would make it much nicer.

Although, in reality, the green/blue combo doesn't really work either, IMHO. They need to go with slightly less standard/primary colors. If they used the lighter green in the Sammy logo and the standard Sega blue, that would work better, I think.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@Jun 1, 2004 @ 06:02 AM

Artemio, I love you.

I am your biggest fan!

!?

I've done nothing to deserve fans :p

Back on topic, I was completely alienated when I first saw that logo.... It is not ugly, but it is not SEGA. I sincerely hope that Resident_Lurker is right, and it sounds only natural too.. They can't drop years to the garbage like that. I felt something similar (although not as dramatic) with the Konami logo, which has grown on me lately.. But i doubt that the same would happen if this one were to substitute the blue letters I've grown loving....

It's not really that bad...

But I think they will use the 'old' logo on SEGA products. I know I would. It's one of the industry's most recognisable logo's, and it would be plain stupid to stop using it.

I like it -- but it's just for the parent holding company.

You'll hardly ever see it on anything in the public.

You'll still see the respective Sega and Sammy logos on the games and such

Back