Sega Saturn Differences (Diff Models)

Hey guys, just a quick question.. I don't know if any of you would exactly have the answer to it tho
smile.gif

After 5 years of my saturn being broken, i finally decided to open it up and fix my switch mod. Got out the soldering iron and the solder, fixed the switch. After a half an hour of sweating bullets and fearing the total end of my saturn i turned it on and viola! it works!@

Except one minor detail, it seems that somehow one of the pins got bent im my socket for the ribbon cable going into my control pad board, so only half of my second control pad works.
sad.gif

I have an old oval button saturn, and I was thinking of buying a cheap used saturn off of ebay for ~30 bucks, but most of them are round button. I don't want to waste my money if they aren't going to work, and i'll just look for an oval button.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
smile.gif

round buttons are better if you also want to mod that saturn, since the mod chips for the older models (the oval buttons) are pretty much nonexistent. im sure that installing the switch mod will be exactly the same for the round button saturns, but it might be better to get either an ST-key or 5-in-1 cartridges that let you bypass country codes.

Originally posted by Merc248@Aug. 23 2002, 12:57 am

round buttons are better if you also want to mod that saturn, since the mod chips for the older models (the oval buttons) are pretty much nonexistent. im sure that installing the switch mod will be exactly the same for the round button saturns, but it might be better to get either an ST-key or 5-in-1 cartridges that let you bypass country codes.

i have a mod chip and a switch mod for my oval button, and they work fine. all i want to do is swap out the little PCB that is for the controllers, the power/read lights, and the reset button
smile.gif

the good news is, i was on ebay last night and bid on an oval button saturn for 7.49, it doesn't come with anything except for the saturn and a control pad, so what the hell, if i'm using it for parts anyway, whats it matter?
smile.gif

all is good.

Back