Sega Saturn Floppy Disc Drive on E-bay

Attachments

• floppy.jpg
    floppy.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 142
More useful might be the pinouts of that thing. Maybe someone could homebrew a USB cable with the connectors. Besides no one uses floppies anymore. I haven't had a floppy in the last two PCs I built, so circa 2001. Don't miss it yet :p

:agree BUT even if the floppy disc drive in itself perhaps is something that you don´t have much use of( I have´nt used a floppy on a computer since back in 98 and I don´t hink I´d use any on a saturn either),it would still be a nice"collectors"thing to have standing next to your saturn :p

I am currently feeling a strong and burning desire to get one :devil ,but from my experience that kind of "must-have" feeling usually flyies away after a couple of days,and hopefully it will in this case as well (not that I don´t want one ot these but it wouldn´t be suitible for my economy right now :D )

if someone offered me a Saturn floppy drive at a fair price I´d probably give it s shoot though :thumbs-up:

I read somewhere on the forums that Dezaemon 2 uses the floppy for to store games.I also read somewhere that there was also a Saturn Word processer that used the floppy to store the files. I say go for it.

yeah,I´ve read that too,I´ve also heard that some other games like Panzer Dragoon Saga uses the floppy

I hardly do not know anything at all about the Word processor but it´s most likely to be one of the aplications that uses the Floppy Drive AND perhaps the Printer Cable? :huh

I have only heard rumors about the Printer Cable,that(supposely)was sold togheter with a printer from Canon,if anyone out there has some pictuers or anything else that confirms the existence of the Printer Cable it would be great to see those :drool:

Originally posted by Action Replay@Fri, 2005-10-07 @ 04:16 AM

:agree BUT even if the floppy disc drive in itself perhaps is something that you don´t have much use of( I have´nt used a floppy on a computer since back in 98 and I don´t hink I´d use any on a saturn either),it would still be a nice"collectors"thing to have standing next to your saturn :p

I am currently feeling a strong and burning desire to get one :devil ,but from my experience that kind of "must-have" feeling usually flyies away after a couple of days,and hopefully it will in this case as well (not that I don´t want one ot these but it wouldn´t be suitible for my economy right now :D )

if someone offered me a Saturn floppy drive at a fair price I´d probably give it s shoot though :thumbs-up:

[post=140381]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes wordprocessor does support FDD.

I have Koei set inc. brand new ink jet printer... now come to think of I'm not sure why I have these thing... O_O but then I can't explain to myself why I have two FDD units either... :x

I will see whether I can dig up the printer cable and u/l the picture...

Originally posted by dj898@Fri, 2005-10-07 @ 04:13 AM

Yes wordprocessor does support FDD.

I have Koei set inc. brand new ink jet printer... now come to think of I'm not sure why I have these thing... O_O but then I can't explain to myself why I have two FDD units either... :x

I will see whether I can dig up the printer cable and u/l the picture...

[post=140404]Quoted post[/post]​

wow! you actually OWNS a printer cable? :eek: How cool! There can´t be many of those around so they must be worth a lot of money?

It would be awesome if you could ut up some pictures of it! :thumbs-up:

Have you ever used it? How does it work?Do you have to use a special printer or can it hook up to any standard printer with serial plug?

BTW You have two FDD units... :rolleyes: ever thought about selling one of them? ;)

:thumbs-up:
Originally posted by Zheræ@Fri, 2005-10-07 @ 07:02 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Y_BID_Stores_IT

This one has a better (starting) price.

[post=140410]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah,I´ve got my eyes on that one too :drool:

It´s really cheap compared to the other one( 315$)

Too bad it´s un-boxed... :/ I would really like to own the box

I´ll be watching the auction and if it stays in that price range I might grab it! :thumbs-up:

Maybe someone could homebrew a USB cable with the connectors.

And be able to use it in like 5 games that supports it.

I also missed some units at ~200$ price range - still too expensive if you ask me.

Originally posted by Action Replay@Sat, 2005-10-08 @ 04:22 AM

wow! you actually OWNS a printer cable? :eek: How cool! There can´t be many of those around so they must be worth a lot of money?

It would be awesome if you could ut up some pictures of it! :thumbs-up:

Have you ever used it? How does it work?Do you have to use a special printer or can it hook up to any standard printer with serial plug?

BTW You have two FDD units... :rolleyes: ever thought about selling one of them? ;)

[post=140424]Quoted post[/post]​

I got the set years ago for the reason I no longer remember...

no I never used and they are still shrink wrapped... :p

I will see if I can dig them up from storage room and take some photo if I cannot find ones I took earlier...

for FDD can't be bothered with selling at all due to lack of time...

besides I still need to get rid of my other stuff before move to bigger items - FDD, Dev saturn and etc...

When ever it gets time for that FDD to get sold,you know where to turn ;)

I´ve been checking out your auctions at VGA and I might put a bid on some of your stuff :) ,I´ve never used the site though so I don´t know how it works,is it like e-bay?,and how safe is it?

good luck on EG Word...

haven't met anyone outside Japan with the full set inc. Ink Jet printer.. :p

Remember it comes with EG Word in thick CD case plus printer interface, ink jet printer and bundh of paper and other crap... ditching ink jet printer will make them quite compact...

haven't seen one on even Yahoo Japan in recent time - last time I saw was like 1.5 years ago...

I recently saw a floppy drive for the Genesis on Ebay. Does anyone know if it is the kind of thing which is considered valuable? I'm not sure what use it could have anyway.

Originally posted by Kuta@Thu, 2005-11-10 @ 06:18 PM

I recently saw a floppy drive for the Genesis on Ebay. Does anyone know if it is the kind of thing which is considered valuable? I'm not sure what use it could have anyway.

[post=141608]Quoted post[/post]​

isnt there backup devices that use floppies? it might be a backup unit to play genny roms u got a link?

For Genesis yes that's for backup (naughty) as SEGA never made one for MegaDrive nor Genesis... And why would they... :p

Back