Sega Saturn SD adapter

Pinchy of CrazyNation made one, but IIRC the compatibility was rather limited. I don't know if he's continued his work since then. Someone would have to finish the analysis work and then create something resembling a finished product.

BrokenLizard has been working on an SD card reading device like the Dreamcast device you linked to, but with the goal of copying game saves. Hardware limitations means you won't really be able to load games via the communications port, plus you'd still have to solve the bootstrap problem.

antime said:
Pinchy of CrazyNation made one, but IIRC the compatibility was rather limited. I don't know if he's continued his work since then. Someone would have to finish the analysis work and then create something resembling a finished product.

BrokenLizard has been working on an SD card reading device like the Dreamcast device you linked to, but with the goal of copying game saves. Hardware limitations means you won't really be able to load games via the communications port, plus you'd still have to solve the bootstrap problem.

So, due hardware limitations is it impossible to load file images of games through these two devices?Or the Pinchy's device can do it?

If I remenber well the Sega Saturn dev kit has a CD emulator as described here:

http://nfggames.com/sales/html/EpZEkFkZlFKWfIYXvs.html

Pinchy's device is a full-blown CD emulator that plugs in where the CD drive plugs in.

Back