Sega To Re-Release the Dreamcast?!?

That would be cool. I wouldn't mind a DC w/ wireless support. However, my DC works just fine. What I want is the network adaptor to be re-released. If this system had it built in, I would jump all over it.

itd be nice to see the bba be rereleased id buy a new dc just to show support i love the dc and though i play my saturn more i had alot of fun with the dc

I forgot about the BBA.

Combine that with opening some of the old servers, and that would totally rock.

Originally posted by racketboy@Sun, 2005-12-11 @ 04:57 PM

I forgot about the BBA.

Combine that with opening some of the old servers, and that would totally rock.

[post=142419]Quoted post[/post]​

hell ya outrigger was cool as hell online but single player sucked unreal was good and so was worms and q3 never played pso though

Originally posted by crazygoat@Sun, 2005-12-11 @ 03:30 PM

hell ya outrigger was cool as hell online but single player sucked unreal was good and so was worms and q3 never played pso though

[post=142420]Quoted post[/post]​

I would love to get my hands on a bba adapter. I found some site taking pre-orders for bba. Aparently when they get enough pre-orders they will make another batch.

I wonder if they are going to fix the cd-r glitch.

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Sun, 2005-12-11 @ 03:36 PM

They already did fix the CD-R glitch. Late model Dreamcast's will not boot CD-Rs.

[post=142422]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought they only fixed it on two special edition models.

there is a modchip, but it was primarily used to boot original imports. Not sure if it boots CDRs on newer systems.

I've still never encountered a system that couldn't boot CDRs -- including the many people I've dealt with

i ment if they do make the new ones to only play retail games im sure someone will make a modchip to bypass it i have never seen a normal dc that wouldnt read them either ive never used the speical edtions

They sell used DC's in Japan for $15~$30 (I bought mine with Shenmue + vmu for less than $15 at a store). And Considering Gamecube goes for around 10,000 yen and it has dirt cheap games, i don't see a dc rerelease as being much of a success. Maybe if they bundled a crap load of good fun games it could do OK

Thinking the same exact thing. It's losing money sitting on the shelves, growing mold. And package it with a game, it's like Nintendo in its last throes with the NES.

Originally posted by it290@Sun, 2005-12-11 @ 05:10 AM

Most likely just new old stock.

[post=142431]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Mon, 2005-12-12 @ 02:40 AM

Thinking the same exact thing. It's losing money sitting on the shelves, growing mold. And package it with a game, it's like Nintendo in its last throes with the NES.

[post=142439]Quoted post[/post]​

All the stores I've seen here have them shrinkwrapped and used. The games are all pretty cheap too, about 100, to 1000 yen each. The consoles vary a bit by the shape they're in though.

Back