Sega's Phantasy Star Series Turns 20 Years Old

Anyone willing to buy a couple and resell the to the sx community? Or, translate the site so I can pick one up? :D

schi0249 said:
Only if they had been able to release a PS Collection for any of the current systems, including the PS2.

I assume you mean in the States? Yeah, that would have been awesome. Other than the obvious Saturn version, they did just recently release a collection of the original four on PS2 in Japan.

With Sega saying that they will support the PS2 until about 2010 or so, I'm still holding on to that very, very faint glimmer of hope that we'll see Generation 1, and Generation 2 released here one day.

I own so many copies of the original games. Let's see...

Phantasy Star: Master System (Complete), GBA

Phantasy Star II: MegaDrive (x2 (Cart Only and Complete), GBA, and PS2

Phantasy Star III: MegaDrive (x2 (Cart Only and Complete), GBA, and PS2

Phantasy Star IV: MegaDrive (x3 (x2 Cart Only and Complete), and PS2

Phantasy Star is second only to Resident Evil as my favorite overall series.

Released on 20 Dec 1987, here on its 20th birthday we are proud to release the 1.00 (hopefully) final version of the Phantasy Star retranslation. This is a retranslation from the original Japanese, combined with an extensive modification of the original Japanese ROM so you can play the game in comfort. There are a few modifications since last year's releases but your savestates should work (0.01% chance of failure) and your savegames will still work.

Also new this year is a PDF translated manual, faithful to the original Japanese manual.

So go back and enjoy this classic game all over again. It works on all emulators and on all known hardware, and is just as hard as it was back in 1987 :)

Edit: 2 days later, a fix for a couple of accidental issues gives us 1.01. Enjoy!

Source : http://smspower.org/#news

next_vol32.jpg

Phantasy star series 20th anniversary commemoration! In the original plate which also adds "phantasy star II text adventure" of the illusion delivered by "game library", and is fan looking forward to as well as all 4 works of the first series which drew the adventure which passes in thousands by taking place in the algorithmic language solar system "phantasy star" "in phantasy star II-finish when not returning,-" "successor phantasy star III at time" "at the phantasy star-end of the millennium,-", the perfect record of complete works!

Release date : Winter

http://ages.sega.jp/lineup.html

Back