Service or Price?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Usually the 2 do not go hand in hand. Which would you rather have in an online store? Cheap games or awesome service?

That's a hard choice, but in the end I'd rather save some money, because I'm cheap.

I would rather get good service. If I order an item and it takes 2 months to get, I would rather get it sooner and pay a bit more.

I'm cheap, but service is more important as long as the price is half-way competive.

That's why I love Amazon

Know something we don't, Iceman? Anyway, I prefer a good balance, but service is more important if the item is at all valuable.

That is really tough...

well I went with price for one big reason. I am willing to wait a few days extra for something cheaper. I never overnight mail or none of that crap.

I say this because if the service is that freakin' bad I'd just not give any service to them anyways. So if they sacrifice some minor service (say like newegg doesn't have the best service, but the price and deals they have on shipping randomly totally make up for it).

I really couldn't say I've ran into awful service though that was just unbearable ever in my time on the internet except on ebay... such as this one time I bought a game and 2 months later it still hadn't come even though I paypal'd the second I won. Finally I got ahold of the girl and she apologized because she LEFT TOWN!!!! I was baffled she left for 2months without shipping first. So she tossed in a bunch of extras to make up for it. YEY! THat is like the only bad service I've seen on the web yet, and I've been buying over the internet since 97'.

Yes Id rather have price so long as its a good quality product. Im willing to wait a few extra days for something to arrive, or wait a few days for someone to get back to me about a DOA product if it means saving money.

Oh my freakin' god...

DO NOT USE www.checksunlimited.com

If your reordering checks and use this online service be warned. I made an order back in late May. July I still have received anything and called, THEY CANCELLED MY ORDER with no reason or cause, the guy on the phone couldn't understand why. So I placed another order (really good prices there), well IT got cancelled again without and reasoning behind it... okay... WTF!

So yeah Don't use those twits, I'm going elsewhere, the price isn't worth the hastle... I haven't had checks for the last 2 months now and its a pain to pay my bills that way.

Hard choice, but I went with Price.

I'm willing to wait a while to get what I want at a good price.

I always buy my used games from EB. Using the "PPLAY15" code, the number from my EB Edge card, and the "SAVER" code, I save 25% off used games (I ALWAYS buy in bulk, so the savings really add up), and don't have to pay shipping. I get the stuff I want in 5 days (sometimes 4). You want free shipping on new games? Buy a used game with it, and use the "SAVER" code.

Back