Several random questions

I post too much, but I have a couple of unrelated question you guys may know the answers to:

1. What is the origin of the word "spam" in relation to junk mail? Is it an acronym? was there any connection to the caned meat?

2. Those who have played Skies of Arcadia and Final Fantasy 6-9... which is better? I have played SoA and did not really enjoy it; would I dislike games like Final Fantasy as well because of similarities?

3. Who is currently winning the console war in sales? I cannot find objective figures on the sales of GameCube, Xbox, and Playstation 2. Which has the most players at the moment?

Uh well I can kinda guess at one. Spam tastes like crap. You know that shit in the can made during WWII as a meat replacement or something? Yeah well spam is basically crap on the internet that no one wants.

I've played skies of arcadia and final fantasy 6-10. Final fantasies 6-9 are very different from skies of arcadia I see no reason why you should stay away from these games. However final fantasy 8 is pretty crap. Final fantasy 10 is also pretty fun even though it's kinda different from the others.

I'm not sure about this but I'm pretty sure it's ps2 because of all the people who think that sony is the best thing since sliced silicon.

Originally posted by jeff-20@Jul 2, 2003 @ 11:26 PM

3. Who is currently winning the console war in sales? I cannot find objective figures on the sales of GameCube, Xbox, and Playstation 2. Which has the most players at the moment?

PS2 is definitely winning. Right now they've sold around 50 million consoles, while GC & Xbox continue to hover around 10-12 million (this is an estimate).

From what i have read... Xbox is winning in selling consoles, but gamecube is selling more games... So i don't really know who is winning, i would call it even.

According to xbox-scene.com a few months back PS2 was top dog by a long shot, then xbox was slightly beating gamecube, even though microsoft is loseing a great deal of money through the xbox, they were still happy that their first attempt at a console was beating nintendo, a company that has become a standard in home video games...
blink.gif

Back