Shadowrun

Very cool and unique rpg. I loved every bit of it. Hard as nails at times but very fun throughout! Now where's our sequel?
tongue.gif

edit: Oh and by the way, you didn't mention if this was for the Genesis or Sega CD version...I'll assume the genesis since the Sega CD version is pretty much a text adventure and not very well known
wink.gif

If you talk about he Genesis version, I loved that game
smile.gif
There was a good design and it was exiting to hack computer with that 3D viewing. The game was not so hard but it had a great athmosphere and I played only for that cyberpunk environment.

I thought it was koo.

But alas i got stuck and stoped playing after about 2 hrs.

It just got boring being stuck.

But it was great when i was doing stuff.

laugh.gif

one of my favorite RPGs. I actually just finished it again a few days ago. Anybody ever read the Shadowrun books? I just finished one called "Crossroads" last night. Cyberpunk is good stuff. This game beat the pants off the SNES version in every way.

I read one or two of the books and even played a few sessions of pnp shadowrun when I was into cyberpunk. Good stuff!

Hmmm....well thanks but it did not help me any......but if it's as good as you lot give, i'll have a look for it.......
smile.gif

Originally posted by soup or man@Jun 1, 2003 @ 06:31 PM

one of my favorite RPGs. I actually just finished it again a few days ago. Anybody ever read the Shadowrun books? I just finished one called "Crossroads" last night. Cyberpunk is good stuff. This game beat the pants off the SNES version in every way.

Yeah, I've got a whole bunch of them. They are probably the best, most interesting fantasy/sci fi novels I've read, as a whole. The world provides for an amazing setting. Sadly, since those bastards at Wizkids obtained the license after the FASA megacorp went under, they've done nothing with it. They're just sitting on it. I'm going to have to track down the ones I don't have and buy them, before they become less common. The Genesis game is excellent, for a 16-bit game it did a good job of capturing the Shadowrun world. It is also coincidentally what got me into the novels. After the void left by Shadowrun, I've been reading a lot of Warhammer 40k novels, since I used to play tabletop 40k a few years ago.

Anyway, anyone who has a Genesis should pick this one up! Ooh, and for those that join the Mafia, you get a discount at the Crime Mall, which lets you utilize the "free money" exploit. Although, 2 out of 3 times I've beat the game I joined the Yakuza, just because Heavy Combat Armor is sick. Money be damned, I can "deck" my way to riches eventually!

Shadowrun on Genesis is the best conversion done by Fasa. It is also the main reason why I had a Genesis in the first place along with other reasons. This game is incredibly challenging and the decking levels are excellent and run on equal parameters of the rpg counterpart which I love. Fantastic gameplay and the ability to play 2 different archetypes made this game a 16-bit paradigm smasher.

I have read many books of the cyberpunk nature, but the engaging world of Shadowrun is second to none. For one thing, a lot of the premise in Shadowrun could happen! (As if it is not happening already...heh! heh!)
cool.gif

I never could get into this game. Tried 2-3 times...it was too slow/boring....

Maybe its for people with a lot of patience, or those who like cyberpunk themes....

I just tried this game recently on an emu. But i found myself increadibly bored. If i had this game when it came out and i were to buy it i would of loved it though. Isn't that dumb how it works.

I never played the megadrive version , but i did own it on SNES. It was alot different to the MD version but still a good game - vastly different to all other rpg's around as it had a dark moody feel to it. It wasnt exactly common over here either in pal format and when i lent it to my 'mate' he sold it to a pawn shop. It was mint boxed and had manuals and maps/inserts.
ohmy.gif
damn.gif
angry.gif

Back