Shenmue 3 Ready for NextGEN

I really hope they release all 16 chapters on one disc and do it with the Japanese voice actors. I'm all excited now.

I would liek to see this on the PS3 or the Revolution.....I doubtr we'll see it on the Rev so PS3 would prob. be the best bet. The 360 doesn't interest me in the slightest, looks like ass :(.

I doubt it will all be on one disc, but in one package yes. How about every version w/ english voice overs and jap voice overs w/ subtitles for both as well? Sounds good to me, and they could do a simultanious (spelling WAY off, lol) release stateside and across the pond.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Thu, 2005-08-25 @ 09:35 AM

I would liek to see this on the PS3 or the Revolution.....I doubtr we'll see it on the Rev so PS3 would prob. be the best bet. The 360 doesn't interest me in the slightest, looks like ass :(.

I doubt it will all be on one disc, but in one package yes. How about every version w/ english voice overs and jap voice overs w/ subtitles for both as well? Sounds good to me, and they could do a simultanious (spelling WAY off, lol) release stateside and across the pond.

[post=138731]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, all on one disc would be tough if the game wasn't on a PS3 Blu-Ray disc. Having both languages would be even better, but I think to save Sega some money it would be better just to record the Japanese voice actors since they tend to be better, and then dig up the Japanese voices for the chapters in Shenmue I & II for consistency. Having the optino sure would sweeten the deal though.

Subtitles really drive me crazy. I like the original japanese voices, but I'd rather have english.

SUre some of the dialogue doesn't sound quite right, but I would like to believe that the dub has recieved such a bad rep not only because of not so hot voice acting, but uncomfortable pauses where original dialogue once was.

Ie: In the middle of a heated conversation the english finishes, the mouths stop moving, but we are left looking at our characters as they stand there aimlessly waiting for the next line.

Translators and localization development studios should clean this up be re-confguring the dramatic scenes for the different languages.

Shenmue was not the worst for it, but it's up there for sure.

I actually prefer that to something like SA2, where all the characters start talking before the other person has stopped talking.

And the Shenmue voice acting, for whatever else can be said of it, never really took away from my enjoyment of the game.

And I'm psyched. I'll buy whatever console I need to to play the Shenmue series in full.

Will be interesting to see if the character models are next-gen quality. Maybe we'll hardly recognize Ryo :D

Back