Shenmue 3

dibz

Boss
Staff member
Well this is unexpected!

Yu Suzuki was started a kickstarter for Shenmue 3, to be released on PC and PS4, and it looks like it's already well past it's (modest) funding goal! The goal seems a little low to me for what seems like would be a bigger project, but I suspect they'll get way, way, more then their target.

I have Shenmue on the dreamcast and Shenmue II on xbox, though I only played a few hours of the first one and never actually played the second past booting it up. Even so I'm rather excited, especially since it's coming out for PC too. The $60 backer spot is tempting for the box too.

Reactions: vbt
great news, after "igavania" wich reach 5M$, shenmue can get more. current stretch goals doesn't look really interresting for 4M$. i hope they will add more platforms.
who will publish the game ? sega ?

At the bottom of the Kickstarter page there's a question about Sega, which only says "SEGA has officially given us the rights to use the "Shenmue" license."

Reactions: vbt
Well this is unexpected!
I have Shenmue on the dreamcast and Shenmue II on xbox

Same for me. I tried getting shenmue 2 on the dreamcast but I couldn't find it in a price range that I was comfortable with.

I pledged at the $250 level. That is A LOT of money, but I don't regret it. Suzuki is my favorite game developer/designer/director of them all, and it feels great to be able to contribute to this.

I just did $60. Most of my money went to steam sales gog sales and the Tj&e 4, bloodstained kickstarters and the cad comic thing

Are there other avatars other than Segata Sanshiro?

Well, that's not actually an avatar, not exactly anyway. It's the default avatar specific to the SX themes. There's actually two more of the same regard depending on if you select male or female in your profile. Otherwise no, I haven't added any avatar sets to choose from yet -- though people can upload their own or the forum also supports Gravatar.

For you I see a rather amusing sonic picture, also shown on your profile.

well, it will not reach all the extended goals (actually 3.7M$), i think it's because of bad goals well at least the game will be released 14 years later :)

Yeah, after the first few days funding seemed to almost come to a complete stop. I think they might make the $4M stretch goal, maybe, but I have serious doubts they'd hit the $4.2M one.

4 855 531$, 3 days remaining, funding increased thanks to the latest update, they give the physical copy for 60$, it's like making a preorder

A preorder for something that's several years away from delivery. I don't really like these "crowdfunding" campaigns where the real goal is to get some investor to pony up the real money. Shenmue 1 and 2 are estimated to have cost between $47-$70 million to make in total, the $2 million they were originally asking for doesn't buy you much anymore.

Back