SHENMUE and SHENMUE II, BEST GAMES EVER!!!!

these are my favorite games ever shenmue II is the best and so is shenmue 1. i am currently replaying shenmue II anybody else here a huge shenmue fan?

i like shenmue

it really reminded me of the neighborhood/environment i grew up in

i'm still on the last disc of shenmue 1. never came around to beating it. maybe it's something i should consider doing over the summer...

haven't even touched that shenmue 2

trust me i LOVED shenmue 1 with all my heart it was the awesome-ous game ever!

and i love shenmue 2 35billion x more! you really should get around to beating shenmue 1 and than getting onto shenmue 2

but your lucky cuz you have shenmue 2 to look forward to while all of us have like 3 years wait to look forward to shenmue 3!

I dont consider Shenmue as the best game ever neither the 2nd one.Its a great game maybe one of the best of the last couple of years but not the best ;)

SHENMUE ALL THE WAY BISTACHES! I'm the only kid in my whole town who even has shenmue II yet. ha ha... stupid "what the #### is an import" kids... heh heh heh

I've just picked up Shenmue II, and I've got to say it's a vast improvement over the original. My only real gripe is the infuriating manner in which you make your cash this time round. If i have to listen to Dylin (?) do that wierd arsed grunting thing again, I may just loose control.

On the other hand, hats off to Sega for the visual improvements and smooth continuation of the story.

Quote: from Gallstaff on 10:37 pm on Feb. 18, 2002

SHENMUE ALL THE WAY BISTACHES! I'm the only kid in my whole town who even has shenmue II yet. ha ha... stupid "what the #### is an import" kids... heh heh heh

i know i have the exact same thing! nobody knows what an import is and like only some ppl know about shenmue. i told all my friends about it, though. they played it and loved it. my friend is gona get it on xbox. (thanx to me!) we all should tell me about the shenmue saga and get them to buy it so shenmue 2 gets popular on xbox and they will make shenmue 3

Quote: from Curtis on 10:48 pm on Feb. 18, 2002

I've just picked up Shenmue II, and I've got to say it's a vast improvement over the original. My only real gripe is the infuriating manner in which you make your cash this time round. If i have to listen to Dylin (?) do that wierd arsed grunting thing again, I may just loose control.

On the other hand, hats off to Sega for the visual improvements and smooth continuation of the story.

heres a little hint for you. next time you play the game from the beggining, than use all your money and buy zippos. they sell pretty good and you can get like more than half of your money back.

it was funny when i got my money stolen there was only like 3 HKD left! HAHA suckers!

Actually what I figued out to do is find a Lucky Hit game that has decent odds and in the "One Hit" format(theres a few around that have 50% chance for 50HKD), save the game, play and win, save, play, save, etc until I loose, then just load up the last save and start up again.

Easy money ;)

um, yeah, we all know about that

and your still wasting time!

in the alley next to COME OVER GUEST HOUSE there is a ROLL IT ON TOP which is like 500 HKD do that!

and in Kowloon there is a ROLL IT ON TOP in the alley across from the Tea Break building. it is also 500 HKD you got to do those dont waste your time on silly Lucky Drop (unless your trying to win capsule toys)

u money is already stolen by the time you get to the come over guest house. .... i wish that sofa would break and ryo would be forced to sleep with what's her face.... probably does in the jap version.

hey question

if i transfer my save game from shenmue 1, i heard you keep teh little sega mascots you get. do you get to keep your money? because if not, im gonna use up all my money before converting my save game for shemnue 2

Thats funny because i dont know nobody that doesnt know about Shenmue or doesn't know what imports are....its too bad that most of the people don't like Shenmue as much as you.Shenmue selled horrible in Japan,Shenmue 2 did worse...That doesnt mean that its not a great game though.Shenmue 2 was greatly improved over the first one,but the 3rd can still get better ;)

Quote: from eatpenguin on 12:34 am on Feb. 19, 2002

hey question

if i transfer my save game from shenmue 1, i heard you keep teh little sega mascots you get. do you get to keep your money? because if not, im gonna use up all my money before converting my save game for shemnue 2

*********SPOILER***********

Yes you get to keep the money, but not for long. Buy up big on the little toys and Zippo lighters, 'cos you can sell them in HK for $$$.

yeah spend all the money that you can in shenmue 1. you have to get whole SETS of toys in order for them to be worth something. So my best advice for you, eatpengiun, is to get a VERSUS BOOK SHENMUE GUIDE. it had a list of all the toys that you can get and they are in sets, so you can check off each one once you get it and see how many sets you have. the guide is really nice, has EVERYTHING in shenmue, and also it had profiles for every character and animal in shenmue.

than when you get to hong kong in shenmue 2 if you have any money left use it up on zippos. than when your money gets robbed you wont have like any left so you dont have to worry cuz there wont be any moeny left when you get robbed. than simply go to pawnshop and you will get like a lot of your money back (maybe even all of it back from shenmue 1 cuz the sets sell for a shit load lot of money)

need anymore help? just post

Does anyone else think this game is not that well translated... i remember one time in the wise mens qr. i talked to this woman and selected man mo bistro as my subject... but all ryo said was "where can i go" and she said "there are places here" hahaha... and we hadn't talked before so i know he wasn't reffering to a preveous convorsation... all your base are belong to ryo!

(Edited by Gallstaff at 11:51 pm on Feb. 19, 2002)

.... what... oh haha you were reading it before i edited it. I ment to say not well translated i don't know why i said hard...

Back